Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Church window depicts melodeon playing  (Read 3523 times)

Malcolm

• Respected Sage
Re: Church window depicts melodeon playing
« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2013, 02:56:17 PM »

Patrick Reyntiens was the artist ~ http://patrickreyntiens.com/
Hohner Pokerwork D/G (My first box). Hohner Pokerwork C/F (Thanks to Martyn White). Hohner 4 Stops in G (My Minehead Box), D & C. Hohner Erikas in D/G & Bb/Eb (Thanks to Mike Rowbottom & Martyn White). Saltarelle Berry D/G (The token Costalotti) and a G/C Hohner Corso (wetter than an English summer)

EastAnglianTed

• The wise wearer of the onesie
  • Castagnari Hascy-East Anglia for the win!
    • My Youtube account
« Reply #21 on: November 27, 2013, 02:56:37 PM »

Who made the window? Do we know (or did I just not read the messages properly as usual?)

"Facing the altar can be seen the most striking, and the most modern, stained glass in the church: the East Window. Patrick Reyntiens, a craftsman whose work also features in the new Coventry Cathedral, created this window in 1962. The stained glass illustrates ‘Christ in Majesty’, based upon the Book of Revelation. Christ’s hand is raised in blessing, His mouth is speaking the Word of Life and on his knee rests the Book of Life. To Christ’s left stands the Archangel Michael, to whom the church is dedicated, seen here conquering the dragon. On the other side of Christ stands the Angel with the Trumpet from the Book of Revelation. The vivid colours are all symbolic: the colour blue is representative of Heaven whilst the colour green represents the World. The blood red circle symbolises eternity. One side of Christ’s face is shadowed, representing the sin of the World, whilst on the other side of His face the Glory of God is reflected."

Reference: http://www.mardenhistory.org.uk/home/places/the-church/

Bah, seems like he wasn't playing a one row, but reading instead  :'(

Just seen Malcolms post above  (:) Ill keep this link on here still  (:)

ACE

« Reply #22 on: November 27, 2013, 05:38:23 PM »

There was a mis-spelling in there ' The Book of Life' should have read 'The Box of Life' also usually depicted on a 'throne' but this time it is a 'Cajon'. Just waiting for a break in the session.
Saltarelle Horizon, Dino mini, Lachenal g/d anglo
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal