Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Introducing Jane--less than a novice  (Read 1170 times)

Jane Elderfield

• New Starter
Introducing Jane--less than a novice
« on: December 01, 2013, 08:27:22 PM »

Hello, members,

I'm Jane, and I'm not even a novice yet.

I expressed an interest in button accordions to someone who plays. Next thing I knew, a button box was dropped off on my doorstep, with just one piece of information: "Keys of G and C."

So--THANK YOU for the introductory page--how to hold it, how to look after it, how to get started.

I figured out after a while that the air button is a slide, not an actual pressed button. Then I found out how to make loud and mostly fairly pleasant sounds with bellows and buttons.

Next step: chart of buttons (thank you again). The layout of buttons on this box is somewhat different (at the ends) from either of your 21-button G/C charts. I'm slowly making my own chart, with an in--> or out<-- arrow for every note. And I'm proud to say I figured out all by myself WHY the sixth button down is C B, instead of the expected "logical" B C.

My life is very full (and my house has a lot of people in it with varying needs for quiet), so I'm not sure I'll keep on, but it's fun for now to try it out.

Jane E

John MacKenzie (Cugiok)

• Fettling... Learning to reed and right.
Re: Introducing Jane--less than a novice
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2013, 08:44:35 PM »

Keep it up lass. You'll not regret it. The folks you live with might, but so what, eh?

John
There is no beginning to my talent :)

: Hohner Club Modell 1. Bb/Eb, de-clubbed : Early Hohner Pressed Wood A/D : 1930's Varnished wood G/C:  Hohner Erika C/F: Bandoneon tuned D/G Pressed wood: Koch F/Bb; G/C Pre Corso

Kristof

• Jan Kristof Schliep
Re: Introducing Jane--less than a novice
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2013, 10:52:17 PM »

Hello, members,

I'm Jane, and I'm not even a novice yet.

I expressed an interest in button accordions to someone who plays. Next thing I knew, a button box was dropped off on my doorstep, with just one piece of information: "Keys of G and C."

Hi Jane,

For a accordion in G/C I can highly recommend the book "Diatonic accordion tutor. Vol.1: The beginner’s book"

I just started to learn the G/C accordion from that book and because of the tabulatur (sort of Paint by Numbers in music  ;) ) it goes really quick to play the first tunes. The book follows the french tradition mostly, where the G/C accordion ist used a lot. But later you find tabulatures for a lot of different styles.

Greetings,
Kristof
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal