Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ultimate melodeon  (Read 10624 times)

HallelujahAl

Re: Ultimate melodeon
« Reply #40 on: February 27, 2009, 10:45:31 AM »

how about a  streb with 'predictive keyboard'  like what mobile phones have.  cock ups would be a thing of the pst - or would they
george

My melodeon already has a predictive layout - I can totally predict that it won't play what I want it too - or is there a language setting that needs to be changed???
AL

finnhorse

« Reply #41 on: February 27, 2009, 11:05:43 AM »

A box with a tap, now there's the pinnacle of design sophistication.  It could be done with a lightweight box, like the Lily or Pokerwork.  I'll gladly join the two-strap club to handle the extra weight.  I wouldn't have to lose my seat to get a beer.   ;D ;D ;D ;D

george garside

« Reply #42 on: February 27, 2009, 01:24:22 PM »

A box with a tap, now there's the pinnacle of design sophistication.  It could be done with a lightweight box, like the Lily or Pokerwork.  I'll gladly join the two-strap club to handle the extra weight.  I wouldn't have to lose my seat to get a beer.   ;D ;D ;D ;D

and how about a cup/glass holder on top - if nothing else this would promote ultra sensitive  bellows movement
george ;D
author of DG tutor book "DG Melodeon a Crash Course for Beginners".

finnhorse

« Reply #43 on: February 27, 2009, 03:20:11 PM »

And a Blackberry installed atop the cabinet, facing the player.  Work from home, or the pub.

Québécois

• Accordez-vous donc, c'est si beau, l'accordéon!
« Reply #44 on: February 27, 2009, 03:25:26 PM »

The Blackberry could be used to receive e-mails or text messages from people telling us which tune they want to hear.
Hohner Morgane D/G, pre-Erica Hohner in C/F and G/C,
Hohner Erica A/D, Roland FR-18

Robin Harrison

• Good talker
« Reply #45 on: February 27, 2009, 09:04:00 PM »

For me the reason for having all the notes in D and G in both directions is not primarily so that I can play a scale in one direction. My reasons are:

to give more choice in the use of basses. For instance, in a tune where a phrase is repeated, I might play it the first time mainly on the push using G basses and the second time mainly on the pull using Em basses.
to make it easier to play triplets and cuts.
to provide more flexibility in phrasing. For instance, I usually play jaunty polkas using lots of changes in bellows direction, but I might play whole phrases of a slow air in the same direction so that I can drone the basses.
       Agreed............it's having the choice  I like, being able to choose how you phrase a passage. Some tunes sound great up and down the rows, some great across..........often it changes each time through the tune.
      As someone said, on a 38 key anglo ( with a few reeds slid around) you can do the same thing.
 Robin
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal