Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Stolen Oakwood Model 3 - RECOVERED  (Read 1848 times)

IanD

• Too many melodeons...
Stolen Oakwood Model 3 - RECOVERED
« on: May 22, 2011, 09:32:44 PM »

Hi all

Just heard from my mum (who's on holiday in Portugal) that thieves broke into their motorhome and stole -- among other things -- her beloved Oakwood Model 3. I doubt they would know what it is or how much it's worth so it may pop up cheaply on ebay or elsewhere, so if anyone sees one for sale anywhere I'd be grateful if they'd let me know.

It's finished in birds eye maple, 21 treble buttons, 8 bass buttons, 2 reeds, swing tuned in D/G -- like the photo but with 2 extra treble buttons.

I'm particularly sad because not only is it probably irreplaceable but it's the one I bought her as a surprise present for her 60th birthday :-(

Cheers

« Last Edit: May 22, 2011, 09:41:20 PM by IanD »
Oakwood Model 4 D/G, Castagnari Dony D/G/#, Castagnari Tommy G/C, Baffetti Binci D/G, Hohner Preciosa D/G, Melos Bb/Eb, Lightwave SL5 and Kala California fretless basses

IanD

• Too many melodeons...
Re: Stolen Oakwood Model 3 - RECOVERED
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2011, 02:25:17 PM »

Hi all
Just heard from my mum (who's on holiday in Portugal) that thieves broke into their motorhome and stole -- among other things -- her beloved Oakwood Model 3.

I'm delighted to have been able to help in recovering Joyce Dedic's  Oakwood.  Instrument and owner will be re-united tomorrow!

That's great news. Well done Theo.

Indeed, she's really looking forward to getting it back :-)

The eBay site where Theo found it smells like an online fencing operation to me...

http://myworld.ebay.co.uk/dropexpress.beziers/?_trksid=p4340.l2559

It would have been much harder to identify if the thief -- sorry, seller -- hadn't carefully removed her orthopaedic wrist support from the left-hand strap and placed it in the picture, obviously thinking it was part of the instrument's accessories...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/220909039496

Mind you, they obviously weren't exactly over-endowed with brain power, it wouldn't have taken much research to find it was worth a bit more than EUR300 ;-)
« Last Edit: December 22, 2011, 02:39:52 PM by IanD »
Oakwood Model 4 D/G, Castagnari Dony D/G/#, Castagnari Tommy G/C, Baffetti Binci D/G, Hohner Preciosa D/G, Melos Bb/Eb, Lightwave SL5 and Kala California fretless basses
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal