Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hexham instruments theft- guitars/viola/mandolin  (Read 1767 times)

Theo

• Administrator
  • Hohner Club Too
    • The Box Place
Hexham instruments theft- guitars/viola/mandolin
« on: June 10, 2018, 10:29:41 PM »

Nigel Fosters workshop in Hexham was raided by the
thieves today.  Please be on the lookout for suspicious offers of new handmade instruments.  See link for full details

http://www.nkforsterguitars.com/blog/guitars-stolen/
Theo Gibb - Gateshead UK

Proprietor of The Box Place for melodeon and concertina sales and service.
Follow me on Twitter and Facebook for stock updates.

triskel

Re: Hexham instruments theft- guitars/viola/mandolin
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2018, 03:26:41 AM »

I'm very sorry to hear that. I've never met Nigel, but we have exchanged a few emails because of a common love for the fabulous Howe-Orme "cylinder-top" guitars (one of which is on the list of those stolen from him) and the Vega "cylinder-body" ones that were made in Boston between the 1890s and 1930s. (I hope it's not the same gorgeous one that's in his YouTube video Vintage Howe Orme guitar played by Seth Tinsley. :()

I'll keep my eyes open and ears pinned to the ground because you never know where, or when, such things might surface - I once recovered an instrument that was stolen 25 years previously, and on the other side of the world...

playandteach

• Currently a music teacher in a high school.
Re: Hexham instruments theft- guitars/viola/mandolin
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2018, 07:45:13 AM »

Yes, sorry to hear that, as someone who lives in Hexham. Seth (in that video) was one of my first A level music students. I'll make sure the local music shop Core Music knows, and also I'll alert Stefan Sobell who also lives here - and also the Violin shop to be watchful.
Serafini R2D2 GC, Serafini GC accs 18 bass
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal