Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: D/G Liliput Stolen 9.6.11  (Read 1258 times)

Microbot

• Respected Sage
D/G Liliput Stolen 9.6.11
« on: June 10, 2011, 01:18:00 PM »

STOLEN - D/G LILIPUT - PURPLE PERLOID - MINT CONDITION

Hi Theo, Clive and everyone,

I'm sorry to have to report the theft yesterday (9.6.11)of a beautiful D/G Liliput. I was contacted this morning by the owner, Mathew Bampton, who asked me to post this on Melnet as his laptop was also stolen, leaving him offline until he returns to The USA.

He has asked that Melnetters keep an eagle eye out for the instrument appearing on Ebay or elsewhere. It is a much treasured possession and was set up specially for him. It is the standard blue/purple perloid colour, but has a number of identifying features ...

Rounded Bellows corners
circular grill pattern
No grill cloth
twin straps (1 recently repaired)
4th button start, personalised accidental row, no thirds/double-up 5ths on B,E and A chords
Overhauled with refaced pallets, new valves (Charlie Marshall's type) and new wax
Extremely Fine overall condition.

The theft took place in Scotland - other property was taken along with the instrument and the Grampian police have been informed. Crime Number - CF0231620611. Grampian Police are on 01224 306301.

Mathew has drawn attention to the 'best way to go' if a suspect instrument is spotted, which is to contact the Grampian Police direct, rather than approaching the vendor.

Let's see if we can get this one back for him...

cheers

Mike Rowbotham
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal