Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Emmanuel Pariselle & Christian Maes all-day French dance tunes workshop & show  (Read 2221 times)

Valmai Goodyear

• Good talker

Emmanuel & Christian are two of the best melodeon players in France & are experts in French regional dance music. They are brilliantly entertaining & very good teachers, being favourites at On Bouge in London. Emmanuel has taught at Concertinas at Witney and regularly leads melodeon-building weeks for EATMT in Suffolk.

The workshop will cover a nice choice of dance tunes from Brittany, central & south-west France, with Christian teaching melody style & Emmanuel chordal accompaniment. Some music will be sent in advance. The workshop is for any instrument but will be especially valuable for melodeon players.

IN THE EVENING EMMANUEL PARISELLE & CHRISTIAN MAES PERFORM AT LEWES SATURDAY FOLK CLUB IN THE
ELEPHANT & CASTLE, White Hill, Lewes, East Sussex, UK BN7 2DJ
(£8; advance tickets available from the link below)

(Like all folk clubs, Lewes Saturday Folk Club is a not-for-profit organisation run by volunteers who love traditional music.)

Provisional Timetable

10.45 Registration & coffee; order lunch (refreshments not included)
11.00 A couple of tunes from Brittany: a gavotte from the mountains & a ridée from the coast.
12.30 Lunch
13.30 A couple of tunes from the centre of France: a mazurka from Auvergne & a bourée from Morvan.
15.00 Tea/coffee break
15.15 A couple of tunes from the South-West: a rondeau from Gascony & a branle from Béarn.
16.45 Finish

N.B. Booking is recommended as numbers are limited. Maps & accommodation lists on request.

EMMANUEL PARISELLE & CHRISTIAN MAES FRENCH  DANCE TUNES WORKSHOP
Saturday 12th. April 2014
BOOKING FORM
I would like to attend the workshop. I enclose a cheque for £35.00 for workshop fees (refreshments not included).

Name:

Address:

Telephone:

E-mail address:

Tick for map:        Tick for accommodation list:

No. of tickets for evening performance:
(£8 each, include SAE for these)

Please make cheques payable to
Lewes Saturday Folk Club
and send with this booking form to:

Valmai Goodyear, 20, St. John's Terrace,
LEWES, East Sussex BN7 2DL
Tel. (01273) 476757
e-mail: valmaigoodyear@aol.com
www.lewessaturdayfolkclub.org/

Lester

• MADman
  • Mods and volunteers
  • Hohners'R'me
    • Lester's Melodeon Emporium and Tune-a-Rama

I'm going  (:)

Theo

• Administrator
  • Hohner Club Too
    • The Box Place

Is there anything on in the evening? Would make it more worthwhile for those of us several 100 miles away.
Theo Gibb - Gateshead UK

Proprietor of The Box Place for melodeon and concertina sales and service.
Follow me on Twitter and Facebook for stock updates.

Chris Ryall

• "doc 3-row"
  • French Interpreter
  • Wirral UK
    • Chris Ryall

::) 
      IN THE EVENING EMMANUEL PARISELLE & CHRISTIAN MAES PERFORM AT LEWES
     SATURDAY FOLK CLUB IN THE  ELEPHANT & CASTLE, White Hill, Lewes, East Sussex
     (£8; advance tickets available from the link below)
;)
  _       _    _      _ 

Valmai Goodyear

• Good talker

Is there anything on in the evening? Would make it more worthwhile for those of us several 100 miles away.

Yes, that's right. The chaps are guests at Lewes Saturday Folk Club in the evening (entrance £8 tonight, tickets available in advance through the club website and also on the door). Floor singers are welcome and we always start off with a few English dance tunes for anyone with an instrument to join in. See http://www.lewessaturdayfolkclub.org/.

I'm looking forward to this a lot.

Theo

• Administrator
  • Hohner Club Too
    • The Box Place

Thank you and my apologies for not reading properly!
Theo Gibb - Gateshead UK

Proprietor of The Box Place for melodeon and concertina sales and service.
Follow me on Twitter and Facebook for stock updates.

Valmai Goodyear

• Good talker

Emmanuel has very efficiently sent me the advance music for the workshop and it's ready to be sent out by email. We still have a few workshop places left, and plenty of tickets for Emmanuel and Christian's evening performance at Lewes Saturday Folk Club (floor spots welcome).

Valmai Goodyear

• Good talker

And the gallant Lester Bailey has produced abc versions of the tunes 'in case others want to hear their computers bleep the tune at them  :)'. What a fine helpful fellow he is.

Valmai Goodyear

• Good talker

The workshop is now fully booked with a waiting list. If you're interested, email me on valmaigoodyear@aol.com. I will send advance music and the timetable in case there are any late cancellations. We still have plenty of tickets for Emmanuel & Christian's evening performance at Lewes Saturday Folk Club.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal