Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hohner 114 vs Weltmeister 1 row 4 stop  (Read 1437 times)

Rog

• Repair and tuning in Hants
Hohner 114 vs Weltmeister 1 row 4 stop
« on: January 06, 2014, 12:21:43 AM »

I recently tried a Weltmeister 1 row 4 stop and thought it had more refinement than the Hohner 114, but from some comments on here and because I couldn't compare the boxes side by side, I'm not so sure.
I don't like the way the buttons on the 114 sink below the keyboard - the Weltmeister didn't have this problem, and I got the impression the action is faster...but are the bellows harder work? I'm looking for a one row with a faster action than the 114, though I do like the lightness of the 114.
I also see that there is a (cheaper?) Gallota Weltmeister 4stop as well as a pricier Welt 4 stop.

Any comments/wisdom would be appreciated.

Sage Herb

• Steve Harrison
  • Slaithwaite, UK
    • The Black Box Band
Re: Hohner 114 vs Weltmeister 1 row 4 stop
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2014, 05:06:36 PM »

I have a Galotta one-row in G that I bought second hand. I haven't used it much, but I do like both its sound and feel, and certainly prefer it to the HA114 (and I write as the owner and user of numerous old Hohners). I did once own a similar but pretty-much wrecked box in C and that worked fine too, though again I never used it a great deal. So my experience is favourable but limited and I have no idea about the quality of construction or of how easy they are to work on. Indeed I can't recall even looking inside. Hope this helps a bit - maybe someone with more experience will turn up.
Cheers
Steve
Hohner Erikas & Club 2s
Hohner gob-harps:
Vega Senator 5-string banjo; Alex Burns plectrum guitar

Black Box Band - www.theblackboxband.co.uk
Annie Dearman & Steve Harrison - www.dearmanharrison.co.uk
Phoenix - www.phoenixdanceband.co.uk
http://soundcloud.com/sage-herb

Rog

• Repair and tuning in Hants
Re: Hohner 114 vs Weltmeister 1 row 4 stop
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2014, 09:43:55 PM »

Hi Steve..thx.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal