Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 403 errors again  (Read 3726 times)

Chris Ryall

• "doc 3-row"
  • French Interpreter
  • Wirral UK
    • Chris Ryall
403 errors again
« on: January 11, 2014, 08:26:22 AM »

No naughty melodeon words this time, I was simply trying to update my profile (always do when I visit a festival)

Error 403

We're sorry, but we could not fulfill your request for /index.php?action=profile;area=forumprofile;u=967;save on this server.

You do not have permission to access this server. Before trying again, close your browser, run anti-virus and anti-spyware software and remove any viruses and spyware from your computer.

Your technical support key is: 5007-79b1-b40c-8ddc  You can use this key to fix this problem yourself.

If you are unable to fix the problem yourself, please contact the WEBMA5TER and be sure to provide the technical support key shown above.

.. click the link got me a message about "corrupt cookies" "malware" and to close my browser - that didn't work though. I'll try again with a more dust out of my cookie jar. Maybe try another browser. Posting this message is also a test  ;)  Here's luck to it ..
  _       _    _      _ 

Chris Ryall

• "doc 3-row"
  • French Interpreter
  • Wirral UK
    • Chris Ryall
Re: 403 errors again
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2014, 08:28:41 AM »

Weird - only profile changes are snarked! See parallel posts in forums (eg dusty end)

Off to Whittlesey then ...

Hmm - now I don't get the 403 !! alls well that ends well I suppose
« Last Edit: January 11, 2014, 08:39:00 AM by Chris Ryall »
  _       _    _      _ 

Lyra

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2014, 08:20:28 PM »

I get this all the time >:(
End up having to change browsers as the only solution as everything they suggest fails and I get cross, because we get to the point where eats my carefully crafted post into the bargain.it then tells me my password is incorrect so I can't log in at all.
No problem on iron, only on Firefox which I have to use as main as I have various bells and whistles needed for other applications

Theo

• Administrator
  • Hohner Club Too
    • The Box Place
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2014, 11:12:58 AM »

No problem on iron, only on Firefox

That is strange, I use Firefox with no errors apart from the naught word trap.
Theo Gibb - Gateshead UK

Proprietor of The Box Place for melodeon and concertina sales and service.
Follow me on Twitter and Facebook for stock updates.

frans

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2014, 11:39:31 AM »

In my case it helped to delete all cookies from firefox.
Frans

Chris Ryall

• "doc 3-row"
  • French Interpreter
  • Wirral UK
    • Chris Ryall
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2014, 11:03:38 AM »

After a period of calm - happened again (was sending a PM to Sage Herb)

Error 403  We're sorry, but we could not fulfill your request for /index.php?action=pm;sa=send2 on this server.

You do not have permission to access this server. Before trying again, close your browser, run anti-virus and anti-spyware software and remove any viruses and spyware from your computer.   Your technical support key is: 5007-79b1-b40c-8ddc

You can use this key to fix this problem yourself.  taxidermy

If you are unable to fix the problem yourself, please contact the WEBMA5TER and be sure to provide the technical support key shown above.

.. "taxidermy"?  :o

Closed and reopened Firefox - now all works fine  :Ph
« Last Edit: January 31, 2014, 11:05:49 AM by Chris Ryall »
  _       _    _      _ 

malcolmbebb

• In dampest Dorset, on the soggy south coast.
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2014, 11:21:04 AM »

Think it means "you're stuffed".
Dino BPII.
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire."

Lyra

« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2014, 07:24:42 AM »

Here we go again
Error 403

We're sorry, but we could not fulfill your request for /index.php?action=login2 on this server.

You do not have permission to access this server. Before trying again, close your browser, run anti-virus and anti-spyware software and remove any viruses and spyware from your computer.

Your technical support key is: 7949-8725-b40c-8ddc

You can use this key to fix this problem yourself.

What I REALLY mind is that this happens without warning and erases all your carefully crafted text because when you hit back there it is POUFF - gone.
Firefox, no complex firewall (at all), worked fine last night, works fine in Iron. As we internetty folk say, dude -- WTF?

Oh - I forgot - it then tells me my password is incorrect. Orly? I think not >.<
« Last Edit: February 14, 2014, 07:27:23 AM by Lyra »

Steve_freereeder

• Content Manager
  • MAD is inevitable. Keep Calm and Carry On
    • Lizzie Dripping
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2014, 07:45:11 AM »

What I REALLY mind is that this happens without warning and erases all your carefully crafted text because when you hit back there it is POUFF - gone.
Firefox, no complex firewall (at all), worked fine last night, works fine in Iron. As we internetty folk say, dude -- WTF?
How annoying!
I know it's not really a fix, more of a safeguard, but when composing a message I have got into the habit of regularly highlighting all the text in the composition box every sentence or so and copying it to the clipboard. Then if the website or browser crashes for any reason, I can paste the last-saved text into a new composition box or, if I can't get back into the website, I paste it temporarily into a text editor or word-processing software.

I use a Mac so my keyboard commands are command-A to select all, command-C to copy the selected text, command-V to paste. On a Windows PC, I believe the equivalent keystrokes are ctrl-A, ctrl-C and ctrl-V.
Steve
Sheffield, UK.
www.lizziedripping.org.uk

Chris Ryall

• "doc 3-row"
  • French Interpreter
  • Wirral UK
    • Chris Ryall
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2014, 07:48:50 AM »

Assuming you work on windows … select all … ctrl-c(opy) … before any preview or submit of any offering of more than triviality (yes, I know some will find that difficult ;)) my "trigger" is if you have to scroll it.

The if it then goes tits up you can restart the browser (which seems to fix 403s) load the topic and ctrt-v paste it back in easily. Saved me a couple of times, which is to acknowledge that some of my posts are too long?  :|glug

… see Steve is another early bird, and got first to this particular worm!
  _       _    _      _ 

Theo

• Administrator
  • Hohner Club Too
    • The Box Place
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2014, 09:10:16 AM »

I think that the 403 error is a consequence of the fairly robust anti-spam measures we have been forced to set up, which sometimes produces false positives.  I think that is behind the error message you received.  Unfortunately I don't know of any other way to prevent these occasional errors and at the same time keep the forum free of spam.
Theo Gibb - Gateshead UK

Proprietor of The Box Place for melodeon and concertina sales and service.
Follow me on Twitter and Facebook for stock updates.

Chris Ryall

• "doc 3-row"
  • French Interpreter
  • Wirral UK
    • Chris Ryall
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2014, 10:58:34 AM »

May I take opportunity to thank Theo/Clive  for keeping this forum so spam free

Will close off this thread over the weekend; it seems to have bottomed out?
  _       _    _      _ 
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal