Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: You Tube Lessons?  (Read 2223 times)

Jude

You Tube Lessons?
« on: January 21, 2014, 01:04:04 AM »

Ok, I admit, I am cheap,but does anyone know which teacher is good on YouTube.i really prefer not to purchase a CD with all of the free lessons available. I typed in Cajun Lessons and my search came up,with many choices. Which one do you,my friends, suggest?
I am a beginner,with a big emphasis on "beginner" because I just ordered my Cajun Accordeon. I am obviously excited about learning and am reading everything I can about the Cajun Accordeon.
I live in the Goldrush country in California so we don't have any available teachers living around here.Actually I doubt whether too many people up here have even heard of the Cajun Accordeon. ;)
 Any help is definitely appreciated.
Liz

oolong32

• G/C Serafini R2D2, C/F Pokerwork, C/F Hohner Norma
Re: You Tube Lessons?
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2014, 01:17:00 AM »

You might consider renaming this thread to something more specific, like 'looking for cajun youtube lessons'.

Youtube user 'bmorebusker' has no teaching videos afaik, but studying his videos might be useful.
♭ ♮ ♯

Ranzo

• Good talker
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2014, 01:22:47 AM »

There are a couple threads about this below.

I'm in California, too...but I know nothing about Cajun music, haha.

I hope you didn't order a Hohner Ariette! I got for, for cheap, thinking I might be able to loan it to my students to bash around and learn something on, but it is basically non-functional. And "we" in wide California don't have the resources to get it spruced up and make work better.
Hohner 114 in C, G/C Pokerwork, Rochelle concertina, C/F German concertina, Hohner Marine Band

EastAnglianTed

• The wise wearer of the onesie
  • Castagnari Hascy-East Anglia for the win!
    • My Youtube account
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2014, 01:33:05 AM »

If you are a beginner, and want to just add a little bit of box knowledge to the bank, a user named Daddy Long Les on here (I think) has a blog of learning to play the melodeon: http://www.youtube.com/user/greenplectrumfilms/featured
    I know it isn't Cajun, but it charts his early progress and may teach you something.  (:) May be worth a look nonetheless   (:) Good luck!

Bob Ellis

• Hero?....Where's my medal, then?
  • Ain't I cute?
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2014, 10:21:25 AM »

Probably your best bet on YouTube is Chris Miller's series of five tutorial videos on how to play the Lovebridge Waltz. However, in my opinion, the best Cajun accordion tutorial for a complete beginner is the DVD, Learn to Play Cajun Accordion Taught by Big Nick, Volume 1. I know you said you didn't want to spend money on a DVD, but it is not expensive and surely the most important thing is to use the most helpful tutorial available. Big Nick breaks things down into easy bite-sized lessons that he explains very clearly. By the end of the DVD, you will be able to play three Cajun tunes, playing mainly in octaves, and will also know how to play a number of ornaments that spice up the tunes to give them that authentic Cajun sound.
Bob in beautiful Wensleydale, Les Panards Dansants, Crook Morris and the Loose Knit Band.
Clément Guais 3-row D/G/acc.; Castagnari 1914 D/G; Karntnerland Steirische 3-row G/C/F; Ellis Pariselle 2.6-row D/G/acc.; Gabbanelli Compact 2-row D/G with lots of bling, pre-war Hohner Bb/F; Acadian one-row in D.

deltasalmon

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2014, 12:59:51 PM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5yRgMUjBpI

That's a pretty good cajun tutorial.
Sean McGinnis
Bordentown City, NJ, USA

Castagnari Benny ADG
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal