Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Where are you ?  (Read 12104 times)

Martin J

• Poole, Dorset
Re: Where are you ?
« Reply #40 on: February 13, 2009, 06:26:55 PM »

Hi Dave

Wrong end of stick.  Oldsoke is spot on.  Don't want personal detail's just to know if you are somewhere my help or suggestions might be useful to you.  Folk music isn't sinister.  I've known people for tens of years and still don't know what they do, their last name or their address - just Dave the box from Padstow (made up to preserve his identity)  :)
Castagnari, Weltmeister, Giustozzi, Streb, too many Hohners.  No Strings Attached ceilidh band

Accordion Dave

• Respected Sage
« Reply #41 on: February 14, 2009, 02:21:54 AM »

I was making a general commentary about the internet and the ability for ANYONE to "Google" just about every word that has ever been typed into a webpage.

Local bulletin boards seem to be frequented by busy-bodies who have nothing better to do than to gossip and track people down.

I live in the New York in the United States of America. No, that is not New York City, far from it.

I have met many interesting people through the internet.

butterfingers

• Good talker
« Reply #42 on: February 15, 2009, 05:38:31 AM »

I quite enjoy the general good humour [and wicked sarcasm] of this website and part of the experience is wondering and then figuring out [rightly or wrongly]  where other members are from without knowing their background details; by the language, spelling, references, sense of humour, musical preferences, etc...not a big part of things, but in the back of my mind when reading different postings...we do have the capability to connect [through melodeon.net I gained my favourite box, discovering that the seller only lived a couple of miles away]...in a way we're probably less anonymous on melodeon.net than we are in everyday life [when's the last time you had a passionate discussion with a co-worker on the merits of Hohner vs Paolo Soprani?], it's just that no one knows our address or phone #, unless you send it to them.

C age ing

• Respected Sage
  • New fangled melodeon?
« Reply #43 on: February 15, 2009, 06:14:12 AM »

I quite enjoy the general good humour [and wicked sarcasm] of this website
You should not have stopped taking the pills the nice doctor and therapist gave you.
There is no humour or sarcasm on this board. We melodeon players are too considerate.
Old Bill.
My Erika is as old as me. Luckily, it is not as decrepit.

Accordion Dave

• Respected Sage
« Reply #44 on: February 15, 2009, 02:57:55 PM »

If you say you are my neighbor, you probably live in this hemisphere. If you spell it neighbour, you probably live halfway around the world.

xgx

• Bagpipes & Musette Boxes... and Banjos, luv 'em!
« Reply #45 on: February 16, 2009, 09:13:22 PM »

I quite enjoy the general good humour [and wicked sarcasm] of this website
We melodeon players are too considerate.
Old Bill.

You wouldn't put it on your custard but you would on your rhubarb ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Graham

N Cambs/S Lincs - UK   :|glug + :|glug:|||: = :|bl

butterfingers

• Good talker
« Reply #46 on: February 19, 2009, 04:37:07 AM »

Well, I've gone back on the pills; they help me digest my favourite dessert, a unique tryffle of rhubarb and custard, served by a melodeon playing waiter dressed in morris gear who doesn't hang around waiting for a tip, but walks away playing a jig very, very slowly...

george garside

« Reply #47 on: February 20, 2009, 10:37:57 PM »

depending on the amount of rhubarb it could be a very moving tune
author of DG tutor book "DG Melodeon a Crash Course for Beginners".

Steve Fox

• Respected Sage
« Reply #48 on: February 22, 2009, 05:55:19 PM »

I went to Google Images, searched for St George, picked one, resized it to 20px high, put it up in my web space, changed my signature to have a [ img]www.xxxxx.co.uk[/img] tag. So easy really.

Is there a way of doing it without having a web space?  Please reply in language that a moron like me is likely to understand!
Steve from Wakefield

Lester

• MADman
  • Mods and volunteers
  • Hohners'R'me
    • Lester's Melodeon Emporium and Tune-a-Rama
« Reply #49 on: February 22, 2009, 06:34:05 PM »

I went to Google Images, searched for St George, picked one, resized it to 20px high, put it up in my web space, changed my signature to have a [ img]www.xxxxx.co.uk[/img] tag. So easy really.

Is there a way of doing it without having a web space?  Please reply in language that a moron like me is likely to understand!

If you select an image and send it to me (pm me for my email) I will do the majic and send back a link :-)
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal