Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Melodeon Database update  (Read 1901 times)

GbH

• GbH Online
Melodeon Database update
« on: February 22, 2009, 10:23:20 PM »

Hi all,

I've just added a new feature to the Database that I hope you'll find of interest.  It's a new page that simply lists the documented instruments, but grouped by treble row formats.  There's a link to the new page added to the Database's home page, but you can also go by just following this link - http://wiki.melodeon.net/wiki/Melodeons_By_Row.

To make this a viable report, I've slightly changed the way that you enter the 'treble row' data.  Instead of just typing something into a free text box, there's now a drop-down list of the common options.  That way, we don't get several different versions of 'one and a half'.  The list of options can be added to, though, if you think that there's something missing - send myself or one of the other administrators a message and we'll get it sorted for you.

Oh, we're still getting a few people requesting log-ins, but I know that there are still others that haven't quite got around to it yet.  If you're one of those people that have been putting it off, maybe now's the time to send us a request!  After all, there's still lots of instruments to be added and gaps to be filled in.  Also, it's been interesting to see that people have been adding additional information besides the 'vital statistics' - all good stuff, so thanks to those of you that have already given this a go.

Lastly, if you want to see what's new or what's been changed recently in the Database, click the 'What's New' link in the navigation bar (or get a preview here : http://wiki.melodeon.net/wiki/What%27s_new).

Guy
« Last Edit: February 22, 2009, 10:39:25 PM by GbH »
"You sir, are mad as an omelette on a bicycle! " - C Williams
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal