Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hohner Student 1 Conversions  (Read 8720 times)

triskel

Re: Hohner Student 1 Conversions
« Reply #40 on: August 26, 2017, 04:30:07 PM »

When I click on where I imagine the image to be, all I get is "Access Denied"  ???????

It's not about the ebay image, it's about images in the first message of this topic.
The same for me - I see empty frames in the places of both photos and have "Access Denied" window if I click on frames  :(

Ah, I see! In fact you're lucky, I don't even get empty frames to click on...  :(

Tiposx

• Durham in England
  • Respected Sage
« Reply #41 on: August 26, 2017, 04:53:43 PM »

I just bought a Student 8 bass ( very inexpensive via ebay from a seller in Ottery St Mary...) In white perloid with a simple flower pattern. Will need a bit of work by the look of it, but ideal for a winter project. Having read this thread I am undecided on refurbishing it as a pa, or making it onto a diatonic box. Is it bad form to hack such an old thing? I imagine it was built in the 1930s.

Henry Piper

• Respected Sage
« Reply #42 on: August 26, 2017, 05:40:41 PM »

Go For It Tiposx, I have done 3 so far all very successful, and they make unusual and distinctive boxes....... I live in Ottery St Mary, wish I'd known about the "Local" one I would have been interested myself !!.
From Ottery St Mary Devon. Currently Playing Dino Baffetti BP2 in D/G, Hohner Student 1 P.A conversion  in D/G,  Hohner 3515 Pre-Pokerwork in A/D,   2 row "Beaver Brand" in Bb/Eb, Hohner Pre- Erica in G/C .  Single row permanent 4 voice, 4 bass in C from old Hohner single row and bits of a cheap Cajun box !!,

malcolmbebb

• In dampest Dorset, on the soggy south coast.
« Reply #43 on: August 26, 2017, 05:45:58 PM »

I just bought a Student 8 bass ( very inexpensive via ebay from a seller in Ottery St Mary...) In white perloid with a simple flower pattern. Will need a bit of work by the look of it, but ideal for a winter project. Having read this thread I am undecided on refurbishing it as a pa, or making it onto a diatonic box. Is it bad form to hack such an old thing? I imagine it was built in the 1930s.
There are those on this forum who would consider it bad form to _not_ hack it.  >:E >:E >:E

I get the impression that few bother with them as PAs, but melodeon parts fit easily. Those I've seen also tend to have pretty good bellows, too. 

Dino BPII.
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire."

Winston Smith

• AKA Edward Jennings
    • "Our Luxor B&B" Luxor life, slice by slice.
« Reply #44 on: August 26, 2017, 06:26:03 PM »

There's currently a pretty one on Gumtree, with 24 basses, for £15!
At last, broken and resigned to accept conformity.
Oh, how I LOVE Big Brother!

Rog

• Repair and tuning in Hants
« Reply #45 on: August 26, 2017, 09:13:21 PM »

That particular model of Student III in fact is very nice as a lttle PA when restored, esp with the 24 bass. It is also bigger than the little Student I, with the short keyboard. I currently have a virtually mint Student I in for restoration. It is the same size as a poker work..or similar. It looks like it has never been played. Amazing.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal