Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: inside row  (Read 6289 times)

Québécois

• Accordez-vous donc, c'est si beau, l'accordéon!
Re: inside row
« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2009, 01:28:36 PM »

The nice thing about cross-row phrases is that you can pop them in when necessary.
<snip>
The moral... look for solutions in various "techniques" not conflict :)
Best advice so far in this thread!
Hohner Morgane D/G, pre-Erica Hohner in C/F and G/C,
Hohner Erica A/D, Roland FR-18

Doug Anderson

• Good talker
  • aka Veloce
« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2009, 01:01:24 PM »

I've taken row crossing one step further by having some inside row reeds on my G/C boxes moved around and changed to provide reversals for the G and the A. That leaves only the F and F# without reversals. (On a D/G box this would translate to providing reversals for D and E leaving only the C and C# without reversals.) This arrangement makes finding the "right" chords a lot easier and allows for very smooth legato playing - when that's what I want. For some tunes, however, I deliberately avoid the reversed buttons to force bellows reversals and get a punchier sound. For example, I use the legato approach for Plaisir D'mour and the staccato approach for My Darling Asleep.

Martin J

• Poole, Dorset
« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2009, 03:10:35 PM »

I've taken row crossing one step further by having some inside row reeds on my G/C boxes moved around and changed to provide reversals for the G and the A. That leaves only the F and F# without reversals. (On a D/G box this would translate to providing reversals for D and E leaving only the C and C# without reversals.) This arrangement makes finding the "right" chords a lot easier and allows for very smooth legato playing - when that's what I want. For some tunes, however, I deliberately avoid the reversed buttons to force bellows reversals and get a punchier sound. For example, I use the legato approach for Plaisir D'mour and the staccato approach for My Darling Asleep.
I'm with you on this one Doug.  I've turned the D/E button on my old polkawork and it makes for some great oppotunities in my playing.  Old French is perhaps one of my favorites with this layout.
Castagnari, Weltmeister, Giustozzi, Streb, too many Hohners.  No Strings Attached ceilidh band
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal