Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: session or fest Devon Cornwall Somerset ???  (Read 1146 times)

sqwzboxstudent

• dartmoor / gypsy style
session or fest Devon Cornwall Somerset ???
« on: June 05, 2014, 05:56:12 PM »

Any one know if thers a sesh or folk fest in east cornwall, devon or west  somerset this weekend ???preferably devon

Marje

• Respected Sage
Re: session or fest Devon Cornwall Somerset ???
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2014, 09:45:05 AM »

Hello Tommy,

I came across this in the Harberton Folk newsletter: http://bradninchevents.org/bradninch-music-festival/

Don't know anything at all about this event myself, and it's not clear if there will be much in the way of open sessions, which I imagine is what you're looking for. But if there are a few of you together, I suppose you might be able to set something up.

Can't think of anything else this weekend. There's a more traditional, Dartmoor-style folk event at Lustleigh the following weekend, which we might get to on the Saturday:  http://www.moormerriment.info/

Marje
Marje

rileycat

• Respected Sage
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2014, 10:00:21 AM »

There's a ceilidh with Pete Coe calling at Tawstock Village Hall (nr Barnstaple - North Devon)  8pm Friday evening - 6th.  Great band as well - bags of bounce and drive.

Also, pub session at The Bell Inn at Chittlehampton - again in North Devon, near South Molton about 40mins from M5 Tiverton intersection - this Monday 6th June.  Google youtube  Bell Inn Chittlehampton for some vids of sessions which are mainly music and mainly English. Super pub, great food and really friendly, set in the village square below a beautiful Church.

Love to see you at either of these

Thrupenny Bit

• happily squeezing away in Devon
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2014, 10:14:50 AM »

Looking at Marje's link....
I think the Bradninch sessions might have temporarily ceased, a vague memory is stirring.....
I think there's a link to it from Flaxley Green's website that mentions sessions across the area.
I'm not at my home pc so can't provide links, sorry peeps
Q
Thrupenny Bit

I think I'm starting to get most of the notes in roughly the right order...... sometimes!

Thrupenny Bit

• happily squeezing away in Devon
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2014, 10:17:08 AM »

Just clicked on the Lustleigh event.
Might pop along, not sure, just make sure you save up your pennies for a pint, as we discovered recently!
8)
Thrupenny Bit

I think I'm starting to get most of the notes in roughly the right order...... sometimes!

sqwzboxstudent

• dartmoor / gypsy style
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2014, 11:05:00 AM »

Thanks all !
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal