Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help Please Experiences of Learning: Self Taught / Lessons  (Read 4408 times)

Frank Lee

• Regular debater
    • Rapper Swords
Re: Help Please Experiences of Learning: Self Taught / Lessons
« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2014, 11:14:45 PM »

Vince Rutland lives in Brompton.  Plays for Brompton Scorpers, Dances with Sallyport Rapper.  Good player.
I have some boxes. 
‘You make that thing sound a bit like a musical instrument!’

Andymcmill37

« Reply #21 on: May 06, 2014, 12:49:15 AM »

Thanks Frank, that's very close to me. Will look to try and get in touch with him. Thanks again. Andy

Bob Ellis

• Hero?....Where's my medal, then?
  • Ain't I cute?
« Reply #22 on: May 06, 2014, 09:34:55 AM »

Hi Andy,

I provide lessons for beginners and intermediate players and live near Hawes. PM me if you are interested. However, I will be away in France from this weekend until the first week in June, so I wouldn't be able to fit in any lessons until the second week in June.
Bob in beautiful Wensleydale, Les Panards Dansants, Crook Morris and the Loose Knit Band.
Clément Guais 3-row D/G/acc.; Castagnari 1914 D/G; Karntnerland Steirische 3-row G/C/F; Ellis Pariselle 2.6-row D/G/acc.; Gabbanelli Compact 2-row D/G with lots of bling, pre-war Hohner Bb/F; Acadian one-row in D.

MelonBox

• Respected Sage
    • Mel Biggs Music | Melodeon Teacher
« Reply #23 on: May 06, 2014, 05:00:13 PM »

Hi Andy :)

I teach melodeon via Skype and it is proving a very useful help to the vast majority of my students! My students say that the results for them are as if we were in the same room together, which is a great thing to hear.

I am being mentored by Andy Cutting as part of the EFDSS Aspire programme. He has only just left my house after a day of overseeing what I do (at my invitation) and he gave a glowing report of my approach and structure to my lessons.

I would welcome the opportunity to get you started. If you wish to find out more about me and my music, please visit www.melodemon.co.uk or alternatively email me at mel@melodemon.co.uk to discuss teaching/guidance options further :)

Happy playing!

Mel
Castagnari Trilly DG and GC, Castagnari Tommy DG all by Acorn Instruments,
Hohner Picoletta Bb/Eb and Hohner Student 1 C/F conversion set up by Mike Rowbotham.

Pick Up & Play with Mel Biggs - Online beginners course: https://melbiggsmusic.co.uk/puap

Mel Biggs Musician | Melodeon Teacher
www.melbiggsmusic.co.uk

Ebor_fiddler

• Chris
  • Hohner 1040 C One-Row, Sandpiper D/G, Liliput C/F
    • Ebor Morris
« Reply #24 on: May 07, 2014, 12:11:57 AM »

Vince will be missing from 21st to 28th May, as Goathland Plough Stots are guesting at a New England Morris Ale, and eh dances/plays with us as well. Good all-rounder!
I'm a Yorkie!
My other melodeon's a fiddle, but one of my Hohners has six strings! I also play a very red Hawkins Bazaar in C and a generic Klingenthaler spoon bass in F.!! My other pets (played) are gobirons - Hohner Marine Band in C, Hohner Tremolo in D and a Chinese Thingy Tremolo in G.

Andymcmill37

« Reply #25 on: May 07, 2014, 12:35:35 AM »

Thanks Chris,  will try to contact him when he returns. Cheers Andy

pikey

• Addicted to squeezeboxes since 1975
  • Thread mod
  • If it moves, I'll squeeze it....
« Reply #26 on: May 07, 2014, 06:05:00 PM »

What about Vince Brompton who lives in Rutland ??  ;)
Still squeezing after all these years.
Mostly on hohners , with a couple of Dinos and a smattering of anglos - and now a Jeffries duet
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal