Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bandonika  (Read 2419 times)

IvanM

• Good talker
Bandonika
« on: May 08, 2014, 02:34:38 PM »

Malcolm Clapp

• Loving my Hohner-reeded wet MMM CastaTommy
Re: Bandonika
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2014, 03:14:25 PM »

Tempted! Had one for a while, but stupidly sold it.
The Hess looks beautiful. The gang-mounted reeds would put me off though.
Individual reedplates on the Galotta has to be an advantage, and 3 voice, but it looks so plain and boring by comparison, and probably twice the weight.
OK, talked myself out of it....  :-(
Tuner/repairer, now retired, but still playing! Happy to offer advice on repairs etc., and might be persuaded to undertake the odd emergency job for local and longtime  customers. Selling a few melodeons from my collection currently....

IvanM

• Good talker
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2014, 03:51:28 PM »

Do they have important drawbacks? Why has their production stopped? From the first look the melodeon layout is much better for such boxes than the illogical weird one of bandoneons.

oggiesnr

• Dino BPII, Alfred Arnold Bandoneon, Loffet G/C
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2014, 07:30:38 AM »

Do they have important drawbacks? Why has their production stopped? From the first look the melodeon layout is much better for such boxes than the illogical weird one of bandoneons.

Compared to a melodeon they were expensive to make and there's a lot of wasted space in one (do you really need that much bellow?).  They are also more limiting movement wise, they're hell to play standing up  (:)

Steve

IvanM

• Good talker
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2014, 02:18:08 PM »

But Argentinians and some USies still play bandoneons/chemnitzers. Apart from problems you mentioned these boxes have the weirdest layout. I wonder why they do not play tango and polka with melodeons then.

Sebastian

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2014, 07:22:16 PM »

But Argentinians and some USies still play bandoneons/chemnitzers. Apart from problems you mentioned these boxes have the weirdest layout. I wonder why they do not play tango and polka with melodeons then.
The original Bandoneon layout may be a bit complicated, but the layout of Chemnitzer and Karlsfelder Konzertinas is not to difficult.

Why play them? – The sound is different, the playing technique is different, the whole instrument is different.

Here is an example of the late Karl Oriwohl, playing the Kusserow-Bandonion:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwcFHR62yJc
« Last Edit: May 17, 2014, 07:35:11 PM by Sebastian »

oggiesnr

• Dino BPII, Alfred Arnold Bandoneon, Loffet G/C
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2014, 08:12:21 PM »

You don't have the left hand chord structure on a melodeon or the range of right hand notes on the pull (for Tango).

Steve
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal