Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: What's the way to do it?  (Read 5364 times)

Tony Gibbons

• Good talker
  • Play D/G, C/C#, B/C/C#, run Barn-dance band
Re: What's the way to do it?
« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2009, 06:33:30 PM »

"As for bodhran "players" - here we go again . . .  just substitute "bodhran" for "banjo" and you get the idea . . . "

I have to grin.....our rhythm/bohdran player (and long standing friend) also plays Tenor Banjo, but he cannot play the MELODEON!!!!!

Bob Ellis

• Hero?....Where's my medal, then?
  • Ain't I cute?
Re: What's the way to do it?
« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2009, 07:32:20 PM »

I think that the bodran is a fantastic instrument when played well, but sadly like the saxophone and a number of others it sounds terrible if a relative n00b attempts to play it in public.

I agree: one good bodhran player can enliven a session. The problems come when there's more than one of them or when the player is a 'naooba' (not an ounce of bloody ability!)
Bob in beautiful Wensleydale, Les Panards Dansants, Crook Morris and the Loose Knit Band.
Clément Guais 3-row D/G/acc.; Karntnerland Steirische 3-row G/C/F; Ellis Pariselle 2.6-row D/G/acc.; Gabbanelli Compact 2-row D/G with lots of bling, Acadian one-row in D; Junior Martin one-row in C.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.