Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Mally's melodeon methods: Absolute beginners : detailed melodeon tuition  (Read 3523 times)

Citizen Dina

• New Starter

I'm a beginner on a G/C melodeon and the Mally's instruction books come recommended by members of this forum.  Unfortunately, they are out of print (and out of stock).

Are there any members of Melodeon.net that have these books they would like to sell?

Please advise and thanks for your help,

Citizen Dina

Simon W

• Regular debater

You can get them from the man himself as far as I know.
http://www.mally.com/

Simon

TomBom

• Respected Sage

You can get them from the man himself as far as I know.
http://www.mally.com/
Yes I got book and accompanying CD from Mally himself (Received two days after ordering, delivered by airmail to the continent).

tom f

• Regular debater

If I remember rightly Mally's books are based on the D/G melodeon and may not work quite as well with the G/C.  Yann Dour does a good series of tutors specifically for the G/C diatonique, which come with CDs and can be obtained through the website  'Editions Caruhel' (sorry I don't have the link).

John MacKenzie (Cugiok)

• Fettling... Learning to reed and right.
There is no beginning to my talent :)

: Hohner Club Modell 1. Bb/Eb, de-clubbed : Early Hohner Pressed Wood A/D : 1930's Varnished wood G/C:  Hohner Erika C/F: Bandoneon tuned D/G Pressed wood: Koch F/Bb; G/C Pre Corso

John MacKenzie (Cugiok)

• Fettling... Learning to reed and right.
There is no beginning to my talent :)

: Hohner Club Modell 1. Bb/Eb, de-clubbed : Early Hohner Pressed Wood A/D : 1930's Varnished wood G/C:  Hohner Erika C/F: Bandoneon tuned D/G Pressed wood: Koch F/Bb; G/C Pre Corso

Roger Howard

http://editions-caruhel.com/accordeon-diatonique/24_4_/Methode-complete-pour-accordeon-diatonique.-Vol.1-:-Le-livre-du-debutant-tablature-pour-accordeon-diatonique.html

There ya go. Wonder if it's available in translation?

John
The Yann Dour books are in both English and French, so the language isn't an issue. The same is true of the Pignol-Milleret volumes - my own preferred method, though the Yann Dour books are also very good. I do think a specific G/C tutor might be preferable to one intended for D/G, though.

Enjoy your  :|||: whatever route you go.

Roger
G/C Gaillard 2 row, 3 voice, D/G Lilly, D/G Pariselle 2.6 row, Preciosa Bb/Eb.

nula

• Good talker
  • Serafini R2D2 G/C

http://editions-caruhel.com/accordeon-diatonique/24_4_/Methode-complete-pour-accordeon-diatonique.-Vol.1-:-Le-livre-du-debutant-tablature-pour-accordeon-diatonique.html

There ya go. Wonder if it's available in translation?

John
The Yann Dour books are in both English and French, so the language isn't an issue. The same is true of the Pignol-Milleret volumes - my own preferred method, though the Yann Dour books are also very good. I do think a specific G/C tutor might be preferable to one intended for D/G, though.

Enjoy your  :|||: whatever route you go.

Roger

I'm using Yann Dour book 1 and like it very much.

Be aware, however, that the book is shockingly full (I mean full!) of sloppy translation errors (I'm a teacher so these things loom large in my legend). Sometimes 4-5 per page, so whoever is credited on page 1 as translator should be shot or given a guide dog. Most are just irritating errors, but sometimes instructing to pull when should be push and vice versa, which is a bit off unless you can also figure things out in the original French.
K.B.O.

Roger Howard

Be aware, however, that the book is shockingly full (I mean full!) of sloppy translation errors (I'm a teacher so these things loom large in my legend). Sometimes 4-5 per page, so whoever is credited on page 1 as translator should be shot or given a guide dog. Most are just irritating errors, but sometimes instructing to pull when should be push and vice versa, which is a bit off unless you can also figure things out in the original French.

The P-M méthode is better in that respect - but the tablature in Yann Dour's books will put you right.

[off topic] If you want to see really weird translations into English, try going to China!

All the best

Roger

Citizen Dina

• New Starter

Wow!  That's a lot of good information.  Thought I had scanned this out pretty thoroughly, but was hopeful that the forum would provide.  Indeed it has.

Thanks!

Citizen Dina

nula

• Good talker
  • Serafini R2D2 G/C

Melodeon tutor books are not cheap, are they?? Rarely under 25-30 quid - strewth!!
K.B.O.

Roger Howard

Quite. The last volume of the Pignol-Milleret ( :neigh:) is 39 euros; Florence Pinvidic's méthode is 50 euros ....  that's about 40 pounds plus postage.  ::)

Perhaps the prices reflect high production costs (for relatively short runs, I would think) ... the market seems to be able to bear them, though, and as reference points for many years, they're probably still good value. And, of course, they help to support musicians ...  :D

Roger

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal