Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Piano Accordian keys  (Read 1860 times)

mr hohner

• Regular debater
  • K.BLAND Melodeons
Piano Accordian keys
« on: May 31, 2014, 07:55:31 PM »

Hi
I recently purchased a piano accordion and wanted to clean behind the keyboard. I therefore pulled out the bar that holds they keys in. I now am struggling to put them back in. If there is a easy way of doing this please let me know!!!

Cheers
« Last Edit: June 09, 2014, 04:51:14 PM by mr hohner »
Castagnari Studio D/G, Serenelli D/G, Hohner Pokerwork D/G, Castagnari Lilly D/G , Sandpiper Dublin II G/C, Serenelli Silyvia G/Acc

Christopher K.

• Content Manager
Re: Piano Accordian keys
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2014, 09:04:12 PM »

You have to do it one by one, and the rod is supposed to fit tightly so there is no easy way, really, just "the" way. It's not a fun job and hopefully you took some precautions like labeling the keys. When I have a stuck key on a PA I do everything to avoid removing all the notes to fix it, like rotating the rod or pulling it out only as far as the stuck key, etc. It's a nasty job!

DO NOT bend the rod or force it.

pete /acorn

• .Cast Trilly
    • Acorn Instruments
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2014, 09:27:24 PM »

Hi
A good tip is to rub candle wax on the rod first,it lubricates and makes pushing through easier

Pete
Acorn Instruments are the official retailer for Castagnari Instruments,Melodeons and Accordions for England and Scotland and have an extensive stock of new instruments on the shelf for prompt delivery in standard layouts however these can easily be changed to customers specia lrequirements
 We also have the largest stock in the UK of  pre loved melodons all fully serviced,and with 12 months warranty
UK and international customers catered for
www.acorninstruments.co.uk

george garside

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2014, 04:29:18 PM »

I have done the same with silicone 'oil' spray and presumably a light smear of silicone 'grease'  would do much the same.

george
author of DG tutor book "DG Melodeon a Crash Course for Beginners".

Theo

• Administrator
  • Hohner Club Too
    • The Box Place
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2014, 05:12:29 PM »

Just giving the rod a good clean can make a big difference, and test the keys idividually on the rod to check the move freely.  Also check that the rod fits into the keyboard without keys, and moves freely. Don't use anything oily to clean any of the wooden parts.
Theo Gibb - Gateshead UK

Proprietor of The Box Place for melodeon and concertina sales and service.
Follow me on Twitter and Facebook for stock updates.

Bill Palmer

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2014, 05:35:33 PM »

Be very careful with silicone products in this area. Silicone is very invasive. The axle, which is the rod that passes through all the keys, will probably come into contact with raw wood at each end. While there is little danger of major contamination of the wood, if you use too much, it can cause various problems.

Before replacing the axle, make sure it is completely clean. Insert it into the end of the keyboard you pulled it out of, and add the keys one at a time. If you must lubricate it, do so very sparingly.

Check John Reuther's book Accordion Repair Made Easy as well as George Bachich's web site http://www.accordionrevival.com/ for more information.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal