Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Welt509 BCC#?  (Read 3461 times)

HallelujahAl

Welt509 BCC#?
« on: March 23, 2009, 08:12:49 PM »

Hi - does anyone have one of these - Weltmeister 509 BCC# - and if so, what do you think of it? I'm half interested in this - been looking at it for a while - but would like to know what other folks experiences are/have been.
Thanks, AL.

http://www.accordions.co.uk/Buttonviewdocs.htm/Welt509s.htm

Martin J

• Poole, Dorset
Re: Welt509 BCC#?
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2009, 10:21:27 PM »

Can't help on the model but my Weltmiester 512 in C/F is excellent and Emelio Allodi is always very helpful.  You don't give your own location but he is in South London and he would be pleased if you went there and played the box.
Castagnari, Weltmeister, Giustozzi, Streb, too many Hohners.  No Strings Attached ceilidh band

george garside

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2009, 10:37:05 PM »

Hi - does anyone have one of these - Weltmeister 509 BCC# - and if so, what do you think of it? I'm half interested in this - been looking at it for a while - but would like to know what other folks experiences are/have been.
Thanks, AL.

http://www.accordions.co.uk/Buttonviewdocs.htm/Welt509s.htm

unfortunately it looks as if it has 12 'melodeon' (differnt note on push & pull) bass.  Most BCC# boxes have 12 or more stradella bass (same note push & pull) .  With melodeon bass you either don't use them like many BC players don't or you  have to gear your right hand playing around getting the bellows in the right direction for each required  bass note.  This defeats the  normal BCC# practice of  choosing treble direction  in order to limit bellows movement and to ease what would be tricky bits of fingering on a 2 row box.  It can also limit the  free choice of right hand chords if your right hand action is governed by the directional requirements of the bass end.

With 12 dtradella as per hohner trichord it would probably be a nice box.  With 48 stradella  it would be even better but I dont suppose allodi would offer to do a transplant!

george
author of DG tutor book "DG Melodeon a Crash Course for Beginners".

george garside

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2009, 02:44:22 PM »

I have been in touch with emilio allodi  re fitting stradella bass & he in turn has been in touch with weiltmaster who apparently think they could do it easily in 60 bass form which would be even better than 12x4  48 bass as it would include 7th chords.  He will come back to me as soon as he has more info from weiltmaster including price and I will post it here. If the price is tight it could be a nice way into BCC#.

george
author of DG tutor book "DG Melodeon a Crash Course for Beginners".

Martin J

• Poole, Dorset
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2009, 03:13:12 PM »

Emilio did broker changes for me on my box and Weiltmeister were not only very obliging but very quick as well.  Look forward the response.
Castagnari, Weltmeister, Giustozzi, Streb, too many Hohners.  No Strings Attached ceilidh band

EeeJay

• Old Grey Paolo
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2009, 04:01:25 PM »

I have been in touch with emilio allodi  re fitting stradella bass & he in turn has been in touch with weiltmaster who apparently think they could do it easily in 60 bass form which would be even better than 12x4  48 bass as it would include 7th chords.  He will come back to me as soon as he has more info from weiltmaster including price and I will post it here. If the price is tight it could be a nice way into BCC#.

george

I thought about that too a while back - they make a mini French style chromatic box, which shares the same bellows dimensions of their 3 voice 3 row diatonic - 182mm by 332mm.

Nail the two together... Treble range is three buttons less than the currently available Clinkscale-Delicia/Crucianelli, but the 3 voice option should provide a fair bit more welly when it's needed. As for finish/decor, a variation on something like this is fairly restrained/pleasantly 'retro'...

Ed J

HallelujahAl

« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2009, 06:04:20 PM »

george

Thanks George - I think I'd be very interested in that. I'm used to playing 120 bass PA so find the 48bass a bit on the 'wee' side - missing the dominant 7ths I think. Or are they Diminished?
AL
« Last Edit: March 26, 2009, 06:23:43 PM by HallelujahAl »

EeeJay

• Old Grey Paolo
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2009, 11:22:27 PM »

I'm used to playing 120 bass PA so find the 48bass a bit on the 'wee' side - missing the dominant 7ths I think. Or are they Diminished?

Depends.

On the 80 bass rig I have, the 5th row is what they call "French 7ths"... this is where the dominant row is not there, but is actually replaced by the diminished row, but shunted down a peg. It provides a different inversion of the chord.

Thus the 7ths sound different and rather... well... FRENCH , as it happens... :D

The reason the French tend to do this is so when there are 6 rows of bass, the extra bass row is used to accommodate an extra row of counterbass... which includes a minor third within easy reach of the tonic. You'd typically find this bass system on many of their chromatic button boxes, but rarely, if at all, on a piano box.

This is why you see 3x3 or 2x4 on some accordion makers/French dealers sites - differentiates between the two by signifying the setup of bass rows.

But that's discounting the Belgians... who take the 3x3 system, square it off, turn it upside down and inside out... don't ask me why, it's just another of those quare national obsessions with inventing another b****y squeezebox... ::) I reckon they should stick to designing eccentric beer glasses, and perfecting the contents thereof... ;)

Ed J
« Last Edit: March 18, 2011, 08:41:47 PM by EeeJay »

ghijze mitter hacken

• Castagnari 8+3 in G / English concertina
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2009, 07:20:47 AM »

What you call a a bass system typical for the Belgians is the Italian Marchigiano bass system (since 1920) Only use in Belgium nowadays.

HallelujahAl

« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2009, 05:36:32 PM »

What you call a a bass system typical for the Belgians is the Italian Marchigiano bass system (since 1920) Only use in Belgium nowadays.
...wonder why that is?  ::)
AL

ghijze mitter hacken

• Castagnari 8+3 in G / English concertina
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2009, 07:40:01 AM »

I wish I would know!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal