Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: !**~#:x  (Read 2765 times)

Pete Dunk

• Typo Expert
!**~#:x
« on: March 24, 2009, 11:19:53 PM »

Squeezing on the Isle of Oxney, UK
Primo (Serenellini) D/G
Isis D/G
Hohner B/E, G/C, C/F, Bb/Eb G/C/F
Liliputs D/G (G scale), C/F, Bb/Eb, Albrecht Custom D/G (G scale)

Theo

• Administrator
  • Hohner Club Too
    • The Box Place
Re: !**~#:x
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2009, 11:53:38 PM »

So Theo, how much to fettle an old Lilliput?  ::)

If you think that's bad you should try working on the reeds of a Hohner Preciosa.

Or even worse trying to rebuild the wooden action  of a cheap Saxony built melodeon, cos they aren't even worth the effort.
Theo Gibb - Gateshead UK

Proprietor of The Box Place for melodeon and concertina sales and service.
Follow me on Twitter and Facebook for stock updates.

an bosca ceoil

• Respected Sage
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2009, 06:35:27 PM »

Hang on a minute it looks like it's tucked in behind the fingerboard cover. I'll never get it back on while that's in place, not a problem, four screws and I'll have it out of the way. Hmm! Snug fit that, doesn't want to budge. Wait a minute, the fingerboard edge is held on by three screws - so if I take those out I'll be able to lever the fingerboard off.
Sorry!
 I could have warned you, but assumed you would find it easier to take the pallets off with the mechanism in situ. (The grille ought only to be slotted into a groove the cover unless this one is different?)

Pete Dunk

• Typo Expert
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2009, 08:46:47 PM »

Sorry!
 I could have warned you, but assumed you would find it easier to take the pallets off with the mechanism in situ. (The grille ought only to be slotted into a groove the cover unless this one is different?)

No worries; on reflection it was an interesting exercise  ;D  Yep, the grille edge slips into a slot cut in the fingerboard but I'm not used to such clever design features on Hohners. I'm very impressed with the build quality of this tiny box, it's far more craftsman like than the old pre-Corso I've been working on.

Bellows gasket question next. I reckon it's leaking like a sieve, but this one has leather gaskets fitted to the box ends rather than the bellows frames; is it ok to use self adhesive 2mm thick neoprene as a replacement and does it make any difference if it's fitted to the bellows frames or box ends?
Squeezing on the Isle of Oxney, UK
Primo (Serenellini) D/G
Isis D/G
Hohner B/E, G/C, C/F, Bb/Eb G/C/F
Liliputs D/G (G scale), C/F, Bb/Eb, Albrecht Custom D/G (G scale)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal