Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Signed up for the Online Italian School  (Read 2645 times)

jerfish

• Jeremy
  • Regular debater
  • Musical Adventurer
    • Jerfish
Signed up for the Online Italian School
« on: July 15, 2014, 05:31:07 AM »

Well I just sent my installment for the full 15 lessons they offer through "The Italian Accordion Academy (Accademia del Mantice)" http://www.organetto.info/english_home.htm .  I felt like I was progressing ok but wanted some pointers and some proper education for the nuances - they seem to go over bellows control, Bass side exercises, controlling right brain/left brain differences (or so the description says), and so on.  It certainly won't hurt anything but the pocketbook, and that's repairable, over time  ;)

With no instructors around me, it made sense.  It comes down to about $23 USD per lesson, and each lesson can be revisted multiple times, with video included (over 15 hours worth apparently) and other information.  Considering most music instructors charge about $30/half hour in my area, it's not bad (and it's at my own pace) - granted I don't have a 'live' instructor - but they offer what sounds like skype sessions in addition to email for specific questions.

It costs much less to get them all together than to piece-meal them together.  Have I convinced myself anyone else to look into it?  Hopefully it'll be worth it!  I'll update as I get started.
Weltmeister GC MMM, Hohner "Morgane" GC, Paolo Soprani 19 button 3 Voice AD, Castagnari "Lilly" DG, ~1930's Hohner "1926 Philadelphia Grand Prix" Eb/B, ~1930's Hohner one row "A", 1950's Hohner Club II CF (Declubbed), 1950's Hohner Erica GC

caddy

Re: Signed up for the Online Italian School
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2014, 09:19:42 AM »

hi jerfish,

how are you going with the online course?

how are the instructional videos? would you recommend them?

cheers

jerfish

• Jeremy
  • Regular debater
  • Musical Adventurer
    • Jerfish
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2014, 07:52:44 PM »

Sadly, I have a less than diligent with my studies  ::)

The Little bit of I've messed around with, the video seem pretty solid with English subtitles.  I do not see English options for the written text that accompanies everything yet. However, I installed a Google translate app on my web browser and I just highlight everything right click it and hit translate.  It does a pretty good job of it and is more than understandable.  I'll post more when I get focused!
Weltmeister GC MMM, Hohner "Morgane" GC, Paolo Soprani 19 button 3 Voice AD, Castagnari "Lilly" DG, ~1930's Hohner "1926 Philadelphia Grand Prix" Eb/B, ~1930's Hohner one row "A", 1950's Hohner Club II CF (Declubbed), 1950's Hohner Erica GC

caddy

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2016, 11:23:12 AM »

any update Jerfish?

papawemba

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2018, 09:16:23 AM »

Hello !

Any news ? :-)
Any other review about this site https://www.organetto.name/repertorio_eng.htm
It is quite expensive but tunes are great and they compare it to personal instructor (I don't like too much the "put a finger there and there" but hoping it teach ornamentation and style as it is heard in demo.

Thank you !!

Anne M Peloquin

• New Starter
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2018, 03:34:38 AM »

Since there are no melodeon  teachers where I  live, I decided to take the  course. It seems to be  the  best course on the internet- very thorough. The instructor does contact me  regarding  how I am doing, any questions, etc., though I  do wish he provided tabulatures for the tunes.  There are a lot of exercises and only six tunes included in the Basic Course, and extra tunes are expensive.  I am supplementing the course with tunes from Bernard Loffet's website: www.diato.org. He has free tabulatures, which can be downloaded.

I highly recommend the course. I am a beginner and don't know  anyone who  plays the melodeon. After viewing  YouTube videos of melodeon  tunes, I decided to buy a Castagnari Hascy and enroll in the course.

papawemba

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2018, 08:34:37 AM »

Thanks a lot Anne !  This is good news as I plan to enroll but only for some tunes which I really like and can't find elsewhere... (the 4 + 1 package).  :||:
On the site description, it does say that tab is included...I'll ask them.

I let you know but I don't know when as I am very busy for the moment.

Best

Andy in Vermont

• Mélodie
    • Melodeon Minutes (blog)
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2018, 12:39:27 PM »

There are many, many free tabs available on that site.
For example, here is a page of Stephane Delicq tunes:
https://www.organetto.info/archivio/ricerca.php

Great source of music!

Grape Ape

« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2018, 02:52:18 PM »

The link doesn’t seem to connect to Delicq tunes, only traditional ones...

Andy in Vermont

• Mélodie
    • Melodeon Minutes (blog)
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2018, 05:45:57 PM »

Just search for Delicq then...

Tone Dumb Greg

• Dartmoor Border Morris
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2018, 06:40:54 PM »

The link doesn’t seem to connect to Delicq tunes, only traditional ones...

If you click on the like it takes you to a web page. The first column is made uop of liks to info pages. Cick on on Partition it takes you to dots and tab (of some kind)
Greg Smith
DG/GC Pokerwork, DG 2.4 Saltarelle, pre-war CF Hohner, Hohner 1040 Vienna style, old  BbEb Hohner that needs a lot of work.

ACCORDION, n. An instrument in harmony with the sentiments of an assassin. Ambrose Bierce

Lyra

« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2018, 10:12:04 PM »

I think you need this link to the actual search page
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal