Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ipad question  (Read 1459 times)

boxcall

• You got to love it!!!
  • Accordion to who?
ipad question
« on: July 20, 2014, 03:13:00 PM »

I'm wondering what would be a good app for watching video on an ipad? My wife can watch video on youtube no problem but can't view certain videos posted on FB . these videos open using (preview, quicktime or itunes) on our Imac.

Also is there any way to use a zoom recorder with ipad? can it be hooked up and would it be accessible as a mic.

thanks for any help!
Hohner 1040 C, Beltuna one row four stop D, O'Byrne Dewitt/ Baldoni bros. D/C#, Paolo soprani "pepperpot" one row D

Chris Ryall

• "doc 3-row"
  • French Interpreter
  • Wirral UK
    • Chris Ryall
Re: ipad question
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2014, 08:06:12 PM »

IPads come with free zoom on record, i use it all the time. For playback you might be better on a PC, though 3 finger tap zooms everything on mine!

There is a special app for youtube. Get it (:)

The fb app works fine for me, all videos play
  _       _    _      _ 

boxcall

• You got to love it!!!
  • Accordion to who?
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2014, 09:55:57 PM »

Hi Chris,
I've got the youtube app so that I don't have a problem with youtube.
I've got the FB app too, but not all videos play. ???
I should have been clearer as I was talking about H2N zoom recorder. I was thinking that it would be a better mic. for recording audio/ video on the go.
Hohner 1040 C, Beltuna one row four stop D, O'Byrne Dewitt/ Baldoni bros. D/C#, Paolo soprani "pepperpot" one row D

Bill Young

• Paolo Soprani BCC#
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2014, 10:14:00 PM »

There's specific mention of using the Zoom H2 recorder as a microphone input to an iPad, with the USB adapter from the iPad camera connection kit, and suitable software, in this article about recording to iPhone and iPad. Scroll down about 2/3 of the page to the section about iPad.

boxcall

• You got to love it!!!
  • Accordion to who?
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2014, 10:56:29 PM »

Thanks Bill,
I have a look at that.

Steve_freereeder

• Content Manager
  • MAD is inevitable. Keep Calm and Carry On
    • Lizzie Dripping
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2014, 10:12:50 AM »

I've occasionally used my Zoom H2 as a microphone input into my elderly Mac Powerbook laptop via the USB port. It works very well; the sound quality is excellent, no obvious latency, and no faffing about with a separate digital audio interface.
Steve
Sheffield, UK.
www.lizziedripping.org.uk

boxcall

• You got to love it!!!
  • Accordion to who?
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2014, 03:09:17 AM »

thanks for the replies. I'm still looking for an answer to my first question.
why she is having trouble with "some" videos and not others?

blunderbox

• Good talker
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2014, 04:03:42 AM »

This probably has to do with the video encoding (format).  On a lap/desktop, trying right clicking (control-clicking) on the video to look at the source.  I will guess that the ones that play vs don't play are different formats.  And as you may know, iPad and Flash do not get along.

Cag

« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2014, 08:19:57 AM »

The iPad does not play flash (.flv) video. Jobs had something against it.  It does not matter with Youtube because the iPad opens the native app but does matter when you strike a video on a site which has no alternative to flash.

There are apps which will get you around this, go to the app store and search for a browser with flash capability. I seem to remember there was one called iSwifter my son used to use for games with flash graphics.  To use it you would need to load the browr app and go to the site where the flash video is and open it. Not straightforward but will work.

Thrupenny Bit

• happily squeezing away in Devon
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2014, 11:14:13 AM »

I've had a problem in the past trying to download .flv versions of Youtube onto my pc and then convert them to allow me to watch on iPod via iTunes.
As you say, Apple or iTunes doesn't like it, but it can be got round with a lot of faffing about.
Q
Thrupenny Bit

I think I'm starting to get most of the notes in roughly the right order...... sometimes!

welsh

« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2014, 11:29:23 PM »

Try the VLC app, it will play most videos.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal