Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Melodeon Workshops at Sidmouth Folk Week 2014  (Read 952 times)

Ed Rennie

• Good talker
Melodeon Workshops at Sidmouth Folk Week 2014
« on: July 21, 2014, 11:30:21 AM »

My how the time flies!

Happily I am once again running both Absolute Beginners and Improvers workshops every afternoon from Monday 4th August to Friday 8th inc. at Sidmouth Folk Week. Both series will be progressive, so very advisable to start at the beginning.

We are at a new venue this year, The Kingswood Room at the Devoran and Kingswood Hotel, on the sea front, or Esplanade if you prefer. Nice.

There are two Absolute Beginners workshops, just so I can fit them all in:
Workshop I: 16:15 - 17:00
Workshop II: 17:15 - 18:00

No need to be able to read music, but you will need access to a D/G Melodeon though, thanks to Spinningpath Arts CIC, I shall have a banks of about 12 melodeons available for those who would like to try out the melodeon, but do not have access. They shall be allocated by means of a lottery the forms for which will be available at the Box Office on The Ham.

This is an ideal opportunity to enter the giddy world of melodeon, so if you have noticed anyone looking on with misty eyed admiration when you play (as opposed to glassy eyed torpor) then point them in this direction!

The Improvers workshops, where we look at different techniques and sneaky stuff for showing off, are at 14:45 - 16:00.

Again music reading is not necessary. You will need a D/G melodeon and be able to play a number of tunes with simple bass accompaniment.

That's it, go tell Aunt Rhody and while you're at it, the rest of the world.

Onwards and Uppards!

Ed
There's a lot more goodies in the pipeline ...

t-tone

• S. Devon, Sandpiper D/G
Re: Melodeon Workshops at Sidmouth Folk Week 2014
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2014, 08:14:22 AM »

Sounds good. Do you just turn up at these workshops, or do you need to buy a ticket somehow in advance?
Tony
Practice, even when success looks hopeless. The left hand, inept in other respects for lack of practice, can grasp the reins more firmly than the right, because here it has had practice (M. Aurelius)

Helena Handcart

• Nine-box Nellie
Re: Melodeon Workshops at Sidmouth Folk Week 2014
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2014, 08:42:35 AM »

Sounds good. Do you just turn up at these workshops, or do you need to buy a ticket somehow in advance?
Tony

If you have a day or week ticket for Sidmouth Folk Week then that covers the workshop too, if not I believe you can either buy workshop tickets or pay on the door but from memory priority is given to people with festival tickets before others can pay on the door. 

If anyone is planning to go to the absolute beginners I'd say make sure you turn up *early* to avoid disappointment  :||:

Sideways typing on the wooden handbag (now with added electric typewriter).

Green Man Sword | Helena Handcart on Soundcloud| Squeezebox from Scratch |
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal