Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Possible weekend improvisation course in UK  (Read 1205 times)

Chris Ryall

• "doc 3-row"
  • French Interpreter
  • Wirral UK
    • Chris Ryall
Possible weekend improvisation course in UK
« on: July 27, 2014, 09:31:25 AM »

I had an offer from Stéf Milleret a few months back, he usually works with Jérémy Mignotte (flute) but if it's "melodeon only" a solo teacher might be more practicable? I now have offer of a suitable venue in the Midlands.

So this is just an initial float, thinking towards perhaps a long weekend, say late May 2015? The Gent weekends costed out at just over £100 for 2 teachers, 20+ participants, 3 days, food included. Accom extra was though floor camping in the venue was free (and surprisingly comfortable)

Impro courses are about musicality in the context of a theme tune or chord run. You have to find the notes yourself. So this would not be a "melodeon" workshop. Indeed … other instuments very welcome (:) Could anyone interested please PM me. 8 basses are no problem (mostly it all happens on right end) but a 4+ helper row probably needed. These events always get into blues stuff ;)

[ed] One expression of interest so far :D  To be clear: "May 2015" is very speculative. Compromise wrt likely teacher/ venue availability, weather, and the start of the UK festival season.  :|glug
« Last Edit: July 27, 2014, 11:30:19 AM by Chris Ryall »
  _       _    _      _ 
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal