Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Zoom H6  (Read 1443 times)

syale

• The Terrier
  • When will this MADness stop?
Zoom H6
« on: August 17, 2014, 11:38:47 PM »

Just bought a Zoom H6. Was deciding between Presonus audiobox as interface to laptop but after due deliberation this little beastie does that and a lot more! Hefty price tag though ($400 + tax) but the versatility of not carrying a laptop around and being able to hook up 4 XLR microphones, with phantom power,  as well as the onboard XY (or mid side mic) is a winner. Very pleased.
HA114 C/G/A/D, 2915 G/C. Liliput, Club IIB C/F Dino Baffetti Modell 22 B Twitter: @syale

John MacKenzie (Cugiok)

• Fettling... Learning to reed and right.
Re: Zoom H6
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2014, 11:53:57 PM »

I have an H4 which sadly, I haven't used much, and not at all, for the reason I bought it. To make a CD.

John
There is no beginning to my talent :)

: Hohner Club Modell 1. Bb/Eb, de-clubbed : Early Hohner Pressed Wood A/D : 1930's Varnished wood G/C:  Hohner Erika C/F: Bandoneon tuned D/G Pressed wood: Koch F/Bb; G/C Pre Corso

syale

• The Terrier
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2014, 03:30:08 AM »

Had a test run with it today using onboard XY and 2 matched Behringer C2's connected to external XLR inputs.

https://soundcloud.com/syale/sets/testing-zoom-h6

Stephen
HA114 C/G/A/D, 2915 G/C. Liliput, Club IIB C/F Dino Baffetti Modell 22 B Twitter: @syale

Shakin' All Hohner

• Good talker
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2014, 05:50:04 PM »

Just bought a Zoom H6. ....
Just wondered if you're still happy with your Zoom H6. I've been using a couple of Shure microphones with an Alesis Multimix8 from Maplins and laptop but this Zoom H6 looks so much neater and I am tempted. Have you used it with a DSLR?

syale

• The Terrier
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2014, 05:59:55 AM »

I am really liking it. I can set up in the library with 4 phantom powered XLR condenser mics + mid side mic (L + R) on zoom in about 10 - 15 minutes and be recording 96khz 24 bit WAV files to bring into the DAW later. There is a click track (metronome) i can listen to from the zoom whilst I am recording. The metronome is not added to the sound files. If I am a bit enthusiastic with levels there is a lower db backup track that I can use. I mount the condensers on regular mic stands and the zoom on a camera tripod. One criticism is that I cannot see the levels when I have the unit pointing at me but I can see the LED's flash if I overdrive the inputs,

I have it by the sofa in the living room and when i am noodling around and a tune comes into my head it takes about 10 secs to be ready to record. I have 3 ideas for some new tunes in the last week that I captured very quickly. I could have done the last bit with my cellphone but the clarity and resolution from the zoom is far superior.

I don't have a DSLR but looking at the YT videos there are many people using the zoom with them. I did buy some NIMH batteries and a charger but haven't used it properly yet to see how long they last.

Shakin' All Hohner

• Good talker
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2014, 12:17:50 PM »

Thanks Stephen.  I'm sold!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal