Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]   Go Down

Author Topic: Corelation of Melodeon players  (Read 34594 times)

Lars

Re: Corelation of Melodeon players
« Reply #120 on: June 01, 2009, 10:53:00 AM »

Aside from work, music, and trying to get better at fixing boxes:

BMX,
Electronica (going to concerts, nightclubs, venues).

Pete of Ebor

• Now I remember why I took up Melodeon...
    • Ebor Morris
« Reply #121 on: June 07, 2009, 03:44:55 PM »

I'm not a Doctor Who fan myself but I did once spend a train journey from Paddington to Morton in Marsh in the company of Louise Jameson who was one of the assistants in, I think, the 70's? A nice lady.

Other interests? I've mentioned before that I drive 15" gauge steam engines on railway at Cleethorpes - I've been into that sort of thing since I was 9. I'm into industrial archaeology - canals, trains, mines, mills and all that sort of stuff, own a v.small (25') narrowboat, have a motorcycle of similar age and colour to Theo's which I restored about 6 years ago and then there's the '52 Morris Minor (see avatar) that I came home with last spring when I'd gone out to but a loaf of bread.....

Fortunately I have an understanding wife.

Mike

At last someone else has mentioned boating & canals .. I was beginning to think I was the only one.. I don't have a boat - that's nearly as expensive as MAD but do hire regularly. The accoustics in some canal tunnels are superb. Big bore tunnels like Harecastle & Netherton are a bit echoey but smaller bore tunnels like Gosty Hill are brilliant ! Just waiting for the day that I can play 'The Trumpton Firemans Song' (Pugh-Pugh-Barney-Mcgrew-Cuthbert-Dibble-and-Grub) in Standege Tunnel on The Huddersfield Narrow !
Never put off 'till tomorrow, what you can do today - 'cos if you like it today, you can do it again tomorrow !

Mike Gott

• Respected Sage
  • Melodeon and hairy arm
« Reply #122 on: June 14, 2009, 08:17:14 PM »

... Just waiting for the day that I can play 'The Trumpton Firemans Song' (Pugh-Pugh-Barney-Mcgrew-Cuthbert-Dibble-and-Grub) in Standege Tunnel on The Huddersfield Narrow !

Recently played "Oh Joe the Boat is going over" (probably not the best choice of matrerial, thinking about it) whilst in the top lock of the Wigan flight (going up) with good accoustic effects. Took our boat through Harecastle Tunnel a couple of years ago but was too busy ducking the low roof and avoiding the falling water to play the melodeon (I was steering at the time). Will try playing in a tunnel if I can though and report back.

Mike
"Traditional music was for entertainment, it wasn't for a further education class" (Bob Davenport)

Rivington Morris, Bolton, Lancashire.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal