Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: Corelation of Melodeon players  (Read 34560 times)

Steve Fox

• Respected Sage
Re: Corelation of Melodeon players
« Reply #60 on: April 03, 2009, 12:07:05 PM »

Day job: French and Latin teacher, Deputy Head.

What I do to relax, other than melodeon-playing: golf, occasional playing for Morris, motor-caravanning (great for festivals), amdram (directing and treading the boards), photography and a nice drop of beer or wine.
Steve from Wakefield

TomB-R

« Reply #61 on: April 03, 2009, 01:03:23 PM »

If I had all the money I owed, I'd be the richest man in Gungrog Road.

Now that would be something!  ;D

A fine road and it is too, Rees,
Tom

Doug Anderson

• Good talker
  • aka Veloce
« Reply #62 on: April 03, 2009, 01:59:18 PM »

Playing the English Concertina (1913 Wheatstone, 2002 R. Morse), messing around with old motorcycles ('50 Velocette MAC and a pile of rigid Triumph parts), bicycling (Bridgestone MB-1 and a custom Rivendell), cooking on the Big Green Egg (and in the kitchen when permitted), in no particular order.

Owen Woods

• melodeonmusic.com
    • The website and blog of Owen Woods
« Reply #63 on: April 03, 2009, 02:32:04 PM »

Same here - I can feel a melodeon playing tower grab coming on !!

Smith

Yeah I'd be up for that! Although I am by no means a good ringer. Indeed I haven't rung at all this term due to lack of time.
Bergflodt D/G 4 voice, Saltarelle Bouebe D/G, Super Preciosa D/Em, Hohner Impiliput B/C+C#

Latest blog post: In Any Weather

http://melodeonmusic.com/blog

Stiamh

• Old grey C#/D pest
    • Packie Manus Byrne
« Reply #64 on: April 03, 2009, 07:35:07 PM »

Erm... what is a "corelation", exactly?

buttonmasher

« Reply #65 on: April 03, 2009, 08:45:27 PM »

Motorbikes: 1985 BMW R80RT, 2003 BMW F650GS, Mah Jong player. Lawn Bowls.  Not much time left to play the box.

Ralph.

Peter Brook

« Reply #66 on: April 03, 2009, 10:59:30 PM »

Motorbike Check = 1982 Yamaha XT550
Sailing Check = Dinghies up to RYA level 3 + Competent Crew sailing since 1981
Learning French
Playing Anglo
Playing Bugle and Cornet
Former serious cyclist and now "armchair" Le Tour fan

butterfingers

• Good talker
« Reply #67 on: April 04, 2009, 02:48:18 AM »

The motorcycle connection is interesting..I remember agonising many years ago between buying a Triumph 500 or an old Martin D-18...the guitar won out...I have neither of them now, but I do have a scar on my rear end where most younger people now have tattoos [result of "scrambling", and falling off the bike, an Italian make whose name I can't remember, amongst other things, started with a "D" I think]...perhaps the technical logic of the melodeon [bellows, reeds, valves, soundholes, etc.], the immediate result of melodious sound and the simplicity of motorcycles[and immediate speed] opposed to automobiles explains the connection  [plus the individuality, of course]..look for my new book on the internet  "Melodeon music for Hell's Angels" ..bound to be a bestseller I'm sure...

HallelujahAl

« Reply #68 on: April 04, 2009, 12:07:03 PM »

oh and they let me take services at Church!

Chris.

Fancy taking one of my services Chris? Any Sunday'll do ;D
Hey - we could blow them away with double melodeons!
AL

melodeon

« Reply #69 on: April 05, 2009, 01:34:46 AM »

Do not own a Rivendell bike yet, but a customer otherwise.. lotsa parts and tires etc.... 1984 Miyata Pro Aero, 1984 SOMEC  mostly Campy, 1961 Pinarello all chrome frame, all old original Campy....

Buttonmasher,  what do you think of the 650 and is that the ROTAX or the BMW  engine.....

I forgot 1986 BWW R65 single swing arm, one of fewer than 450 to hit the states...

LeFonque

• Good talker
  • Loffet 3 voice, Loffet Pro 2+
    • Hupomenos
« Reply #70 on: April 05, 2009, 06:23:28 AM »

The motorcycle connection is interesting..I remember agonising many years ago between buying a Triumph 500 or an old Martin D-18...the guitar won out...I have neither of them now, but I do have a scar on my rear end where most younger people now have tattoos [result of "scrambling", and falling off the bike, an Italian make whose name I can't remember, amongst other things, started with a "D" I think]...perhaps the technical logic of the melodeon [bellows, reeds, valves, soundholes, etc.], the immediate result of melodious sound and the simplicity of motorcycles[and immediate speed] opposed to automobiles explains the connection  [plus the individuality, of course]..look for my new book on the internet  "Melodeon music for Hell's Angels" ..bound to be a bestseller I'm sure...

I'll buy a copy!
The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways. The point, however, is to change it.
Karl Marx

Ebor_fiddler

• Chris
  • Hohner 1040 C One-Row, Sandpiper D/G, Liliput C/F
    • Ebor Morris
« Reply #71 on: April 05, 2009, 05:15:01 PM »

Incidently - who are the other three Yorkshiremen?
I'm a Yorkie!
My other melodeon's a fiddle, but one of my Hohners has six strings! I also play a very red Hawkins Bazaar in C and a generic Klingenthaler spoon bass in F.!! My other pets (played) are gobirons - Hohner Marine Band in C, Hohner Tremolo in D and a Chinese Thingy Tremolo in G.

The Cidermaker

« Reply #72 on: April 05, 2009, 07:05:31 PM »

this is my first go at this so I will probabaly get it wrong. As hobbies aside from attempting to play the box  i have two steam engines- a Foden C type and a Tasker B2. Our best effort was getting a mention on Radio 2 as slow moving traffic on the A39 whilst roading with 5 other engines from Dorset to Cornwall. I also make Cider ( and drink it!)

Hasse

• Respected Sage
« Reply #73 on: April 05, 2009, 09:43:32 PM »

Sweden, Skåne

melodeon

« Reply #74 on: April 05, 2009, 10:09:49 PM »

Hasse,  Then we must conclude that you are whizzing away your time in the frivolous pursiut of melodeon playing excellence.

Jake Middleton (brinwins)

• Regular debater
  • Concertina Maker and repairer
    • Wolverton Concertinas
« Reply #75 on: April 05, 2009, 10:46:33 PM »

I like historic photographic processes, like cyanotypes, bromoil ect. I am very interested in the idea of wet plate photography also... I wanted to make large format camera and do it and have been concidering the idea of makeing one from a melodeon, look at the below image - I'm SURE it could be done!

as for something melodeon players dont like, hmm europop?

Bob Ellis

• Hero?....Where's my medal, then?
  • Ain't I cute?
« Reply #76 on: April 06, 2009, 10:34:16 AM »

Incidently - who are the other three Yorkshiremen?

I was wondering that! You and I are obviously two of them. I would be able to identify the others if we were in a pub because they would be the ones who would make a strategic withdrawal to the loo when discussion turns to the question of who is buying the next round. When it comes to conservation of their brass, Scotsmen are merely apprentice Yorkshiremen.  ;)
Bob in beautiful Wensleydale, Les Panards Dansants, Crook Morris and the Loose Knit Band.
Clément Guais 3-row D/G/acc.; Castagnari 1914 D/G; Karntnerland Steirische 3-row G/C/F; Ellis Pariselle 2.6-row D/G/acc.; Gabbanelli Compact 2-row D/G with lots of bling, pre-war Hohner Bb/F; Acadian one-row in D.

Stiamh

• Old grey C#/D pest
    • Packie Manus Byrne
« Reply #77 on: April 06, 2009, 01:34:46 PM »

Sandy

• 'Musical Landlady'
« Reply #78 on: April 06, 2009, 02:48:53 PM »

Motorbikes seem to be the strong connection. Haven't been on one since having children but had a collection over the years which started with a fizzy!

Cheers

Sandy

Bob Ellis

• Hero?....Where's my medal, then?
  • Ain't I cute?
« Reply #79 on: April 06, 2009, 03:23:18 PM »

Motorbikes seem to be the strong connection.

A further motorbike connection: I used to be a trials rider (had a Montessa) until the realisation eventually dawned that if I stopped doing something I was not very good at I might acquire fewer bruises and broken bones!  ::)

I did my courting on a Yamaha 250 trail bike, travelling across the moor between Wensleydale and Bishopdale to meet my future wife secretly in a barn because her parents did not approve! Sadly, I am no longer a biker: something had to give financially if I was to afford all those lovely melodeons!  :'(
Bob in beautiful Wensleydale, Les Panards Dansants, Crook Morris and the Loose Knit Band.
Clément Guais 3-row D/G/acc.; Castagnari 1914 D/G; Karntnerland Steirische 3-row G/C/F; Ellis Pariselle 2.6-row D/G/acc.; Gabbanelli Compact 2-row D/G with lots of bling, pre-war Hohner Bb/F; Acadian one-row in D.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal