Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: Corelation of Melodeon players  (Read 34570 times)

ladydetemps

• Emote Wizard
  • Forum Librarian
  • Castagnari Tommy D/G, Hohner 1 row 4 stop in C
    • My Youtube Channel
Re: Corelation of Melodeon players
« Reply #80 on: April 06, 2009, 03:29:14 PM »

the only bike I've ever had is a push bike....which is the reason I have a chip out of my front tooth...I was going down a hill, then my annoying little brother swerved in front I braked went flying over the handlebars and landed on my face. Ouch  :'(

Ebor_fiddler

• Chris
  • Hohner 1040 C One-Row, Sandpiper D/G, Liliput C/F
    • Ebor Morris
« Reply #81 on: April 06, 2009, 04:22:40 PM »

1 - Bob, I always say that a Yorkshireman is a Scotsman with the generosity bashed out. (Incidently do you know the story about Robert the Bruce and the "pairs of rogues" he introduced into Paradise?).

2 - Jake, I think you might run into trouble getting the bellows sufficiently light-tight. The stuff's not like music, you know!

Chris.
I'm a Yorkie!
My other melodeon's a fiddle, but one of my Hohners has six strings! I also play a very red Hawkins Bazaar in C and a generic Klingenthaler spoon bass in F.!! My other pets (played) are gobirons - Hohner Marine Band in C, Hohner Tremolo in D and a Chinese Thingy Tremolo in G.

Lizwardo

• Sandpiper D/G
« Reply #82 on: April 06, 2009, 04:35:46 PM »

Apart from (attempting to learn) the melodeon:

Fiddle
Oboe
Photography
English Civil War re-enactment

Bill Young

• Paolo Soprani BCC#
« Reply #83 on: April 06, 2009, 05:37:30 PM »

(Incidently do you know the story about Robert the Bruce and the "pairs of rogues" he introduced into Paradise?).

No. Do tell, or I won't get a wink of sleep.  ???

Ebor_fiddler

• Chris
    • Ebor Morris
« Reply #84 on: April 06, 2009, 11:30:36 PM »

Oh dear - it's late, it'll have to wait. But for our Scottish readers it's not uncomplimentary. It's just that I need to get into full story telling mode first - we're not all called Taffy Thomas!
I'm a Yorkie!
My other melodeon's a fiddle, but one of my Hohners has six strings! I also play a very red Hawkins Bazaar in C and a generic Klingenthaler spoon bass in F.!! My other pets (played) are gobirons - Hohner Marine Band in C, Hohner Tremolo in D and a Chinese Thingy Tremolo in G.

ladydetemps

• Emote Wizard
  • Forum Librarian
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #85 on: April 07, 2009, 09:02:47 AM »

Talking of other hobbies....I sometimes draw cartoons

;)

Sandy

• 'Musical Landlady'
« Reply #86 on: April 07, 2009, 09:18:06 AM »

Talking of other hobbies....I sometimes draw cartoons

;)
Could this be the first squeezebox player on South Park?

cheers

Sandy
 ;D

squeezeboxmad

« Reply #87 on: April 07, 2009, 09:20:22 AM »

Ebor_fiddler

• Chris
    • Ebor Morris
« Reply #88 on: April 07, 2009, 12:56:21 PM »

Story as promised

Are you sitting comfortably? Then I shall begin. Once upon a time there was a cruel Scottish king called Robert The Brush, who, very strangely - even for a king - had a pet Spider called Wallace (he did like Wensleydale Cheese - but that's another story, not written yet!). He was a very cruel king because he had a nasty habit of beating the king of England (who couldn't even speak English!) at a game invented by the latter king's father called "Let's invade another country" - and further more he couldn't play the melodeon >:E , but played with Bagpuss instead. Whether this was a Good Thing or a Bad Thing, I am not qualified to say as my name is neither Sellers nor Yeatman.
Once when the Brush had just beaten the King of England at a place called even to this day as "Scotch Corner" - just north of Kilburn where the wooden mice come from (note the cunning application of local colour here), Wallace said to him "Och, Aye the noo (I don't know what this means - I suspect that even Scotsmen don't and that it was made up by the Victorians) Oor lads he worrun through entirely theer boots the noo, so ye'd better order some more from Jennings o' Edinburgh." "Heck yes!" said the King of Scots "Yon's an idea lad!" so he got out his laptop and emailed Jennings thusly "Dear Sirs, kindly send by return 500 (Five hundred) pairs of brogues. Yours sincerely, Bobby Brush."
Unfortunately Jennings was having an economy drive and there was not enough ink in the cartridge, so the last "b" was not printed. As a result, the High Sheriff swept the goal for 1000 rogues, dispatched them to Yorkshire and their descendants have been living there ever since!
I'm a Yorkie!

ladydetemps

• Emote Wizard
  • Forum Librarian
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #89 on: April 07, 2009, 01:01:36 PM »

Are you sitting comfortably? Then I shall begin. Once upon a time there was a cruel Scottish king called Robert The Brush, who, very strangely - even for a king - had a pet Spider called Wallace (he did like Wensleydale Cheese - but that's another story, not written yet!).
Not Basil the Brush then? ;)

Ebor_fiddler

• Chris
    • Ebor Morris
« Reply #90 on: April 07, 2009, 01:53:07 PM »

No, but Mister Derek will turn up in Aidensfield, which we all know is the real name of the fictional Goathland.
I'm a Yorkie!

ladydetemps

• Emote Wizard
  • Forum Librarian
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #91 on: April 14, 2009, 02:17:36 PM »

Does Doctor Who count as a hobby? Its an interest for me..I watch the show have a large proportion of classic episodes on DVD, but Doctor Who Magazine and buy the 8th Doctor Audio series....and occasionaly write Doctor who fan fiction.

Oh I also have a concertina....which it appears is rather jealous of the attention I've been lavishing on me new Melodeon. ;)

Bob Ellis

• Hero?....Where's my medal, then?
  • Ain't I cute?
« Reply #92 on: April 14, 2009, 03:52:01 PM »

Does Doctor Who count as a hobby? Its an interest for me..I watch the show have a large proportion of classic episodes on DVD, but Doctor Who Magazine and buy the 8th Doctor Audio series....and occasionaly write Doctor who fan fiction.

Come on, then! You are going to post a clip of you playing the Doctor Who theme on melodeon aren't you?  ;)  >:E
Bob in beautiful Wensleydale, Les Panards Dansants, Crook Morris and the Loose Knit Band.
Clément Guais 3-row D/G/acc.; Castagnari 1914 D/G; Karntnerland Steirische 3-row G/C/F; Ellis Pariselle 2.6-row D/G/acc.; Gabbanelli Compact 2-row D/G with lots of bling, pre-war Hohner Bb/F; Acadian one-row in D.

ladydetemps

• Emote Wizard
  • Forum Librarian
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #93 on: April 14, 2009, 04:00:36 PM »

Come on, then! You are going to post a clip of you playing the Doctor Who theme on melodeon aren't you?  ;)  >:E
not on melodeon..but I had abash at it on concertina http://www.onmvoice.com/play/5014
my one and only attempt at working out a song by ear

Bob Ellis

• Hero?....Where's my medal, then?
  • Ain't I cute?
« Reply #94 on: April 14, 2009, 04:08:03 PM »

not on melodeon..but I had a bash at it on concertina http://www.onmvoice.com/play/5014

Not bad, but I think you need one of those fancy electronic melodeons with built-in synthesizer to get the tone right.
Bob in beautiful Wensleydale, Les Panards Dansants, Crook Morris and the Loose Knit Band.
Clément Guais 3-row D/G/acc.; Castagnari 1914 D/G; Karntnerland Steirische 3-row G/C/F; Ellis Pariselle 2.6-row D/G/acc.; Gabbanelli Compact 2-row D/G with lots of bling, pre-war Hohner Bb/F; Acadian one-row in D.

ladydetemps

• Emote Wizard
  • Forum Librarian
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #95 on: April 14, 2009, 04:11:47 PM »

not on melodeon..but I had a bash at it on concertina http://www.onmvoice.com/play/5014

Not bad, but I think you need one of those fancy electronic melodeons with built-in synthesizer to get the tone right.
I'd love one of those.....*drifts off into daydream*
although I can make it sound electric if I mess about with it in garageband.

Mike Gott

• Respected Sage
  • Melodeon and hairy arm
« Reply #96 on: April 14, 2009, 05:18:51 PM »

I'm not a Doctor Who fan myself but I did once spend a train journey from Paddington to Morton in Marsh in the company of Louise Jameson who was one of the assistants in, I think, the 70's? A nice lady.

Other interests? I've mentioned before that I drive 15" gauge steam engines on railway at Cleethorpes - I've been into that sort of thing since I was 9. I'm into industrial archaeology - canals, trains, mines, mills and all that sort of stuff, own a v.small (25') narrowboat, have a motorcycle of similar age and colour to Theo's which I restored about 6 years ago and then there's the '52 Morris Minor (see avatar) that I came home with last spring when I'd gone out to but a loaf of bread.....

Fortunately I have an understanding wife.

Mike
"Traditional music was for entertainment, it wasn't for a further education class" (Bob Davenport)

Rivington Morris, Bolton, Lancashire.

ladydetemps

• Emote Wizard
  • Forum Librarian
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #97 on: April 15, 2009, 02:20:43 PM »

I'm not a Doctor Who fan myself but I did once spend a train journey from Paddington to Morton in Marsh in the company of Louise Jameson who was one of the assistants in, I think, the 70's? A nice lady.
yes she was 'Lela' the 4th doctor's companion.

there's the '52 Morris Minor (see avatar) that I came home with last spring when I'd gone out to but a loaf of bread.....
what do you come back with when you go out for a car? :o
I'd like a morris minor or a Triumph herald.....I'd also like to learn to drive ;) lol!

I wonder if there's a correlation between what computers people have too....I use macs mainly but can hop quite easily between mac and PC.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2009, 02:26:26 PM by ladydetemps »

graememackay

• Graeme Mackay
  • B/C/C# Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeze
    • Graeme's homepage
« Reply #98 on: April 15, 2009, 04:25:41 PM »

I have two motorcycyles!  A suzuki SV650 & a Yamaha Virago 535 (for sale  ;))

Music was my hobby before it became my job.  So had to find something new.  Motorbike was the first thing that came to mind.  Now we have four children, it's the first thing that goes through my head ever morning, mainly coz I can't fit any kids on it  >:E

I have considered doing a musical tour with my bike, once I'm as rich as Billy Connely I might manage it ahem.
Black Shand Morino

Mike Gott

• Respected Sage
  • Melodeon and hairy arm
« Reply #99 on: April 15, 2009, 05:51:46 PM »

what do you come back with when you go out for a car?

Usually a Ford........  ;D  (sorry)

I must say in my defence that when I bought the Morris I did remember the bread as well.

Mike
"Traditional music was for entertainment, it wasn't for a further education class" (Bob Davenport)

Rivington Morris, Bolton, Lancashire.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal