Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: rosetti rambler 1 row 3 stop  (Read 5195 times)

sqwzboxstudent

• dartmoor / gypsy style
rosetti rambler 1 row 3 stop
« on: April 05, 2009, 09:30:30 PM »

hey everyone, happy easter!,
i have just pusrchased a "rosetti rambler" one row three stop, it looks old and aparently has made in germany stamped on it somewhere, i havent actualy seen it yet! any body know any thing about this model????

triskel

Re: rosetti rambler 1 row 3 stop
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2009, 09:52:17 PM »

Yes, these are typical of the cheap instruments produced in Klingenthal, East Germany, after the Second World War. My first melodeon was a very similar model, though with 4 stops, bought new from a music shop in Manchester around 1972.

sqwzboxstudent

• dartmoor / gypsy style
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2009, 10:12:05 PM »

how does it play?

triskel

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2009, 10:31:19 PM »

how does it play?

It was never any good, I only bought it because it was less than half the price of a Hohner at the time, and I was a poor student. I got rid of it a couple of years later, when I bought a decent one.  ::)

sqwzboxstudent

• dartmoor / gypsy style
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2009, 10:33:26 PM »

i just got it to have a bit of fun on, i new it wold never match my paolo, looks like it will be hanging on the wall now!

Ga

• Good talker
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2009, 03:29:55 PM »

I've got one, albeit under a different brand name - it's otherwise identical to yours.  They were obviously being knocked out in massive and cheap numbers under different brand names.  I think it has a really sweet gentle sound, and I really like it - it's quite diddy, and very light, being made of only the cheapest thin plywood and cheap pine.   I'm currently patching the slight leaks in the bellows gaskets and replacing some of the wheezy valves in mine, so it's in bits.  The bellows are a tad small, making for interesting emergency slurps on the air button, but working within these limitations is fun - it also looks really impressive, as there's lots of bellows movement when you've got all the stops open, and are belting out a real foot-stomper.

I regard mine as a cheap, fun, instrument, ideal for camping trips as it's so small and quiet, and for packing away on the off-chance of a squeeze somewhere.   It's been around for a long time, it has stories to tell, and deserves to be played. 

You're not allowed to hang it on a wall - you're a musician, not a theme pub, them's the rules! ;)

HallelujahAl

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2009, 04:22:21 PM »

You're not allowed to hang it on a wall - you're a musician, not a theme pub, them's the rules!

Amen to that!
AL

sqwzboxstudent

• dartmoor / gypsy style
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2009, 09:45:27 PM »

well. ive finaly got a chance to play it. i was lucky enough to learn on a paolo soprani so most cheap boxes i pick up seem realy bad, but im actualy quite fond of this little dynamo, the first tune i played on it was uncle georges hornpipe aka cliffe hornpipe, and although the bellows seem realy short, and i had to keep letting air in, the sound was realy good, so all in all im actualy quite happy, the buttons on it are alot smaller than my paolo so that will prob help my fingers to be more acurate!
maybe it wont be hangin on the wall now guys!
(not that im realy a musician anyway!)
all the best and happy easter!
tommy

Owen Woods

• melodeonmusic.com
    • The website and blog of Owen Woods
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2009, 12:02:40 PM »

well. ive finaly got a chance to play it. i was lucky enough to learn on a paolo soprani so most cheap boxes i pick up seem realy bad, but im actualy quite fond of this little dynamo, the first tune i played on it was uncle georges hornpipe aka cliffe hornpipe, and although the bellows seem realy short, and i had to keep letting air in, the sound was realy good, so all in all im actualy quite happy, the buttons on it are alot smaller than my paolo so that will prob help my fingers to be more acurate!
maybe it wont be hangin on the wall now guys!
(not that im realy a musician anyway!)
all the best and happy easter!
tommy

Glad to hear it, happy squeezing.
Bergflodt D/G 4 voice, Saltarelle Bouebe D/G, Super Preciosa D/Em, Hohner Impiliput B/C+C#

Latest blog post: In Any Weather

http://melodeonmusic.com/blog

Ga

• Good talker
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2009, 02:01:44 PM »

Wahey!
Good for you Gypsylad!
I find the same as you with the bellows movement - Maybe we can start a whole movement of players squeezing furiously and gulping massive amounts of air even during the simplest tunes!
I think of it in the same way as driving an old car - it's not a patch on my bog-standard everyday runaround, but it's still lots of fun.
Enjoy!

sqwzboxstudent

• dartmoor / gypsy style
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2009, 04:11:38 PM »

theres definetly one good thing about the rambler, the buttons are so much smaller and harder to push than me paolo so i reckon there could be a good chance of my fingers becoming a little more acurate!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal