Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Advice please  (Read 2485 times)

Alison

• New Starter
Advice please
« on: October 12, 2014, 05:05:55 AM »

When I was around 13 yrs old sadly 30 yrs ago now! I played all manner of instruments and my dad got me a Bell Accordion, sadly after my school days my instruments got relegated to the back of the cupboard and never played again. I have been trying to find out a bit more about my accordion without success and wondered if anyone can tell me about it. The ID says Bell Accordions Ltd, Surbiton 30382 and made in Germany. I've looked on the Internet for pictures but cannot seem to find mine, it seems mine is a small accordion in comparison to many on the Net, It's in great condition, it's in working order, all the leather straps are in good condition and it comes in its own case.

From some research I've done, I think there was a Bell Accordion shop in Birmingham but that's about all I know, if anyone can advise me I'd appreciate it.

Many thanks

Alison

ChrisP

• Respected Sage
  • West Yorkshire, UK
    • Chris Partington
Re: Advice please
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2014, 09:22:42 AM »

A photo is required, methinks.

Theo

• Administrator
  • Hohner Club Too
    • The Box Place
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2014, 09:29:18 AM »

Bell accordions had a shop in Surbiton and one in Newton Aycliffe.  They were the UK  agent for Hohner.  They also sold accordions under their own name which were made by a variety if makers, mostly from Germany.
Theo Gibb - Gateshead UK

Proprietor of The Box Place for melodeon and concertina sales and service.
Follow me on Twitter and Facebook for stock updates.

Alison

• New Starter
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2014, 03:53:22 PM »

Photo attached.
Thank You

Theo

• Administrator
  • Hohner Club Too
    • The Box Place
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2014, 06:10:20 PM »

It is a piano accordion, not what this forum is about.  My previous comments about Bell accordions still apply.

You might get more information at accordionists.co.uk
Theo Gibb - Gateshead UK

triskel

« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2014, 09:43:15 PM »

I'll just add that it's a beginner's 12-bass model - small, light and relatively inexpensive. But it looks an awful lot like the Hohner Student II model with a different grille and I'd wonder if Hohner didn't make them specially for Bell's.

If you ever get to see inside it Alison, that would be confirmed if the reedplates were stamped with a letter T.

Alison

• New Starter
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2014, 07:50:51 PM »

Theo
I would like to say that one of your members asked me to add a photo which provoked further conversation. I apologise if this  'isn't the forum' for such discussions and am very disappointed you take this view.  This was a genuine enquiry about an instrument I know little about. I was interested in the history and thought your members may be able to enlighten me. I will do as you advise and 'visit another site',
I appreciate the helpful posts by your members and request you delete me from your forum as I am very disappointed by your attitude. I will not be visiting again.

Bob Ellis

• Hero?....Where's my medal, then?
  • Ain't I cute?
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2014, 07:54:48 PM »

I think you have misunderstood, Alison. There was no implied criticism in suggesting that this was not the right forum, merely an attempt to be helpful. We know a great deal about melodeons here, but most of us know little about piano accordions. I think the suggestion was merely that you would get more informed responses from a forum populated by piano accordion players.
Bob in beautiful Wensleydale, Les Panards Dansants, Crook Morris and the Loose Knit Band.
Clément Guais 3-row D/G/acc.; Castagnari 1914 D/G; Karntnerland Steirische 3-row G/C/F; Ellis Pariselle 2.6-row D/G/acc.; Gabbanelli Compact 2-row D/G with lots of bling, pre-war Hohner Bb/F; Acadian one-row in D.

Theo

• Administrator
  • Hohner Club Too
    • The Box Place
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2014, 08:15:01 PM »

Alison I think you need to ease up and look at what I added to your topic, all of which was intended to be helpful. Such as - some history about the maker of your accordion, and a link to further sources of advice.  I can't see how you can see this as being unhelpful and I think an apology is in order.
Theo Gibb - Gateshead UK

John MacKenzie (Cugiok)

• Fettling... Learning to reed and right.
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2014, 08:30:48 PM »

Looks like her huff arrived; and she went off in it.

John
There is no beginning to my talent :)

: Hohner Club Modell 1. Bb/Eb, de-clubbed : Early Hohner Pressed Wood A/D : 1930's Varnished wood G/C:  Hohner Erika C/F: Bandoneon tuned D/G Pressed wood: Koch F/Bb; G/C Pre Corso

Broadland Boy

• Awful noises from Pokerwork, HA114G, BbEb Liliputs
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2014, 11:16:46 AM »

.................and some days you are the statue Theo  :( :(

Thank god governments don't use text based comms.................
Richard A
Venit ventus contrarius ventus egrediente,
Omnes prope quid ventum est circa
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal