Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Subforums for different accordion traditions  (Read 8534 times)

Lyra

Re: Subforums for different accordion traditions
« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2014, 11:49:24 PM »

I suppose we could all
1. be a bit clearer what we are after (eg technical input from a specific perspective)
2. lrn2reed, as the young have it, and not proffer unsought opinions not that related to the question
3. be more diplomatic when expressing opinions ("I hate it", rather than "that is awful") - after all we are allowed opinions and to hate stuff others love
4. lrn2reed as in "he hates it, poor sod, but that's his personal problem" rather than "he thinks it is crap and somehow that matters"
5. grow a pair *coff* I mean, grow a thicker skin (those few that don't already have ones like rhinoceros hide)
6. Kittenz  :-*

No coding required

Gary P Chapin

• L'Accordéonaire
  • We are all the Free Reed Liberation Orchestra
    • l'Accordéonaire
« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2014, 01:45:53 AM »

I like hearing and learning about traditions I'm not part of  :P
What he said.

I know my playing preferences are narrow (on purpose!), but I find all box-things fascinating.
Read the l'Accordéonaire French music blog: http://accordeonaire.com/
The Bal Folk Tune Book Project: https://accordeonaire.com/bal-folk-tune-book-project/
The Free Reed Liberation Orchestra: https://accordeonaire.com/the-free-reed-liberation-orchestra/

Pete Dunk

• Typo Expert
« Reply #22 on: August 18, 2014, 02:12:05 PM »

My reading to posting ratio is probably about 100:1 and I think the balance of the forum is just fine. I learn a great deal about styles and genres, techniques and workarounds that have no direct impact on the way I play music but they are of great interest to me nonetheless. A eclectic mix of information about all things related to the diatonic button accordion is what melodeon.net has always been about, long may it remain so.

I have nothing against tagging posts if it helps members search for specific information but I'm not sure it's possible with the existing forum software and wouldn't want to add to the mods workload in any case.
Squeezing on the Isle of Oxney, UK
Primo (Serenellini) D/G
Isis D/G
Hohner B/E, G/C, C/F, Bb/Eb G/C/F
Liliputs D/G (G scale), C/F, Bb/Eb, Albrecht Custom D/G (G scale)

Theo

• Administrator
  • Hohner Club Too
    • The Box Place
« Reply #23 on: August 18, 2014, 05:22:47 PM »

Just been to a session at Whitby where there were at least five melodeons.  The tunes played came from England, Ireland, Scotland, Canada, USA, France, Sweden, Portugal that I know of.  That broad interest seems to reflect the discussion here.
If we did have sub forums for each genre then I can just imagine the "discussions" about which genre tune X belongs to. And beating in mind that at present some members seem to have difficulty deciding between the existing forum headings then I think we just stick with the present structure.  If it ain't broke don't fix it.
Theo Gibb - Gateshead UK

Proprietor of The Box Place for melodeon and concertina sales and service.
Follow me on Twitter and Facebook for stock updates.

Curamach

• Good talker
« Reply #24 on: August 18, 2014, 09:07:05 PM »

I'd prefer to keep it the way it is. I play only Irish, but love to hear about other traditions. If our posting membership were say 20 times bigger, I might feel different. As always well thought out subject lines help.

Dan
Dan, Hohner HA-113 in D, Hohner C#/D, others! Also fiddle, mostly Irish.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal