Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New book on squeezebox biomechanics, and injury prevention  (Read 1026 times)

Chris Ryall

• "doc 3-row"
  • French Interpreter
  • Wirral UK
    • Chris Ryall
New book on squeezebox biomechanics, and injury prevention
« on: October 26, 2014, 11:49:52 AM »

See http://www.playingwellbook.org/  "350 pages, in English. 75 color illustrations, 157 black & white illustrations, 31 tables, 35 clinical notes, 350 references, index. ISBN 978-0-615-51970-8. LCCN 2012910685"

The site wants $49.99 (approx £30?) and doesn't seem to charge for UK shipping. Please note this is merely a "heads up", I've not seen the book :|glug Chris
« Last Edit: October 26, 2014, 02:25:30 PM by Chris Ryall »
  _       _    _      _ 

Mike Gott

• Respected Sage
  • Melodeon and hairy arm
Re: New book on squeezebox biomechanics, and injury prevention
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2014, 03:07:42 PM »

Oh heck - I feel a risk assesment and hi-viz clothing coming on.

Mike
"Traditional music was for entertainment, it wasn't for a further education class" (Bob Davenport)

Rivington Morris, Bolton, Lancashire.

george garside

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2014, 05:39:23 PM »

and a flashing warning light on the bass end  to prevent persons sitting too close to waving  bellows and double dipping headlights on the box   to prevent collision when processing  in the gloom!

george
author of DG tutor book "DG Melodeon a Crash Course for Beginners".

Bobtheboat

• 'On the cut' near Lichfield, UK
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2014, 06:02:09 PM »

Sit up straight, don't slouch and stop playing for a bit if your wrist/shoulder/fingers ache. There, saved you all £30!  ::) (oh and don't forget to use two straps!! >:E) Bob
'Rowbotham Erika Extraordinaire' (12 bass + stop G/C/acc), Hohner Liliput Bb-Eb. Castagnari Rik G/C/acc

Bob Ellis

• Hero?....Where's my medal, then?
  • Ain't I cute?
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2014, 09:39:23 AM »

I did all that, Bob, and still strained my right thumb at Morris practice last night. Playing Eynsham Morris tunes at speed (as they need to be played) should come with a health warning, especially when the foreman practices Eynsham for an hour with hardly a break.  :Ph
Bob in beautiful Wensleydale, Les Panards Dansants, Crook Morris and the Loose Knit Band.
Clément Guais 3-row D/G/acc.; Castagnari 1914 D/G; Karntnerland Steirische 3-row G/C/F; Ellis Pariselle 2.6-row D/G/acc.; Gabbanelli Compact 2-row D/G with lots of bling, pre-war Hohner Bb/F; Acadian one-row in D.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal