Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Name That Melodeon  (Read 2116 times)

wvhardyfamily

• New Starter
Name That Melodeon
« on: November 27, 2014, 04:18:19 PM »

My father in law purchased a melodeon (Organetto?) from a yard sale for my son for christmas. It is not an instrument that anyone in my family has ever played. I looked it up by model number and could find very little about it online. I found several articles where people were selling it, but I am not interested in selling it, or price. More I would like to know how to learn more about it. How old it is, who made it and the story behind this beautiful instrument. On the playing side, it says D dur on the side which I know to be a D Major scale in germany where it was made, however when played it doesnt seem to follow the scale the way I would expect. This could just be me being unfamiliar with the instrument, but is it possable for the melodeon to be out of tune and if so how would one go about fixing the issue so my son and perhaps myself can learn to play it properly?  :||:

I should add just in case you can not read it in the image the instrument says Pat. Holders Milano Organetto D.R.G.M. 362041 and the metal badges say Milano Organetto Made in Germany Which tells me although manufactured there it was not meant to be sold there because Germany is not called that to those who live there.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2014, 04:34:17 PM by wvhardyfamily »

george garside

Re: Name That Melodeon
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2014, 04:36:33 PM »

there is a keyboard chart for one row in D major on this forum which you should find helpful

george
author of DG tutor book "DG Melodeon a Crash Course for Beginners".

Steve_freereeder

• Content Manager
  • MAD is inevitable. Keep Calm and Carry On
    • Lizzie Dripping
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2014, 04:58:12 PM »

Probably this layout will be the same or similar to your instrument.
Steve
Sheffield, UK.
www.lizziedripping.org.uk

wvhardyfamily

• New Starter
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2014, 05:09:47 PM »

Thank you both, that is helpful. I would still like to learn more about this particular model of melodeon, do either of you know a good place for me to look for more information on it?

triskel

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2014, 05:37:51 PM »

Milano Organetto was a Sears Roebuck brand - you'll find them in their mail-order catalogues from around a century ago:

Sears Roebuck Catalog No.124, 1912
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal