Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Paul Havell  (Read 1095 times)

baz parkes

• All Blacked Up
Paul Havell
« on: December 01, 2014, 08:06:26 PM »

Several of you made very supportive and kind comments when I announced Paul's death on here earlier this year.  We've finally got round to posting an obituary of sorts on the band website www.allblackedup.co.uk.  Have a look if you knew the man, or even if you didn't.  And I know "memoriam" is spelt incorrectly.  I'll have words...
« Last Edit: December 01, 2014, 10:29:38 PM by baz parkes »
On the edge of Cheshire's Golden Triangle, apparently...

Thrupenny Bit

• happily squeezing away in Devon
Re: Paul Havell
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2014, 09:01:43 PM »

Thanks Baz, it made me smile and remember....
Q
Thrupenny Bit

I think I'm starting to get most of the notes in roughly the right order...... sometimes!

Malcolm

• Respected Sage
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2014, 10:33:39 PM »

Thanks for this. I too learnt a lot from Paul - not least the importance of the rhythm of the dance - and he was an influence in my formative playing years.  My fondest memory of Paul was  from about 40 years ago in Padstow over May Day. I bumped into Paul in the Maltsters Arms at Chapel Amble and we had a few beers. He told me that the previous evening he'd left The Molesworth rather the worse for wear - there were few if any scruples about drinking and driving in those far off days - and had driven back to his camp site in the red Austin or Morris 1100 he was driving at the time. Except that when he awoke next day and crawled out of his tent he discovered that the car parked outside was not his red 1100. This was in the days when one key fitted any number of vehicles of the same model. So back he went to Wadebridge to find his car and leave the doppelganger in roughly where he had found it with an apologetic note under one of the windscreen wipers. Happy days.
Hohner Pokerwork D/G (My first box). Hohner Pokerwork C/F (Thanks to Martyn White). Hohner 4 Stops in G (My Minehead Box), D & C. Hohner Erikas in D/G & Bb/Eb (Thanks to Mike Rowbottom & Martyn White). Saltarelle Berry D/G (The token Costalotti) and a G/C Hohner Corso (wetter than an English summer)

Thrupenny Bit

• happily squeezing away in Devon
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2014, 07:51:23 AM »

The Molesworth - if it's the one at Egloshayle, we used to walk to that at the start of the Wadebridge Folk Festival. *the* place to meet on the friday night...... not to be missed!
Thrupenny Bit

I think I'm starting to get most of the notes in roughly the right order...... sometimes!

Nick Collis Bird

• Been squeezing melodeons for over 48 years (badly)
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2014, 08:19:37 AM »

A lovely Obit Baz, a great chap indeed.
Has anyone heard of the song. “ Broken Alarm-clock Blues” ? It starts   “I woke up this Afternoon”

baz parkes

• All Blacked Up
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2014, 11:31:11 AM »

As a way of rounding this off, just to say we raised £1,710.75p over the weekend we ran in his memory.

It will go a small way to keeping the Severn Hospice going

Cheers Paul :|glug...and one for the road,, :|glug

God bless
On the edge of Cheshire's Golden Triangle, apparently...
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal