Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: SOPRANELLI - Can anyone help me with some background or origin of this accordian  (Read 1996 times)

jcasni

• New Starter

Hello everyone,

Im new here, i have been searching for information about my Piano accordion
just wanted to see if anyone can assist me in determining the build date, the model
and possible what the accordion is worth in ballpark terms. its a Sopranelli and the images
are attached below, not sure if its rare, homemade but i cant find anything anywhere which is strange.

http://imgur.com/a/Wg6ei#0

I look forward to hearing from you all.

John MacKenzie (Cugiok)

• Fettling... Learning to reed and right.

http://www.accordions.com/articles/chronology.aspx

Looked through this list, and can't see them. It's not guaranteed to be a comprehensive list, but it might suggest that although the name is italian, it may have been made elsewhere. There's also the possibility that it was made for a big retailer, and sold under their 'in house' label.
I'm sure someone on here can help you, although this section is primarily about diatonic button accordions.

John
There is no beginning to my talent :)

: Hohner Club Modell 1. Bb/Eb, de-clubbed : Early Hohner Pressed Wood A/D : 1930's Varnished wood G/C:  Hohner Erika C/F: Bandoneon tuned D/G Pressed wood: Koch F/Bb; G/C Pre Corso

jcasni

• New Starter

Thanks John,

Much appreciated i also forgot to mention the accordion is also electric
so much like an electric / acoustic guitar it has the ability to be plugged into a
amplifier and used as electric also.

Matt (Kings Norton)

• Respected Sage
  • West Midlands, UK

Hi, I would recommend trying accordionists.co.uk with this query as there are some members on there who have been dealing in piano accordions for many years and may well have come across the model.  There are plenty of expert and knowledgable people here too who may also know (there are one or two who may well know) but the focus of this forum is on the diatonic accordions rather than piano accordions. 

It might also be worth saying where you are as the models that turn up in different parts of the world can be different so location can be a clue.

jcasni

• New Starter

Thanks Matt,

I'm so sorry i didn't realise there was different types of accordions but now i see the difference
and will take your advice and post this same thread in accordionists.co.uk just to broaden the
possibility of getting an answer. Hopefully im not ticking everyone off by placing this post inappropriately
but i can honestly say it wasn't intentional. I have no idea about accordions, my dads has been playing
his whole life im just more interested in the antiquity and mystery behind this particular item.

Nick Collis Bird

• Been squeezing melodeons for over 48 years (badly)

No problem at all. We always try our best to point people to the right place. I'm sure you will get an answer sooner or later. Good luck
Has anyone heard of the song. “ Broken Alarm-clock Blues” ? It starts   “I woke up this Afternoon”

triskel

It might also be worth saying where you are as the models that turn up in different parts of the world can be different so location can be a clue.

Absolutely!

"Sopranelli" isn't the name of any actual maker - but it could well be the brand name of an importer somewhere in the world. The name sounds made-up, possibly a conflation of the most famous Italian maker's name "Soprani" with "Gabbanelli" - especially seeing that the badge on it has strong similarities to Gabbanelli's badge.

Otherwise, I can only find two references to Sopranelli-branded accordions on the internet - one that has been for sale in Mount Cotton, Queensland, Australia, and another in the hands of a player named Jordan Kostov on YouTube, only his one is closer in style to Scandalli's Super VI professional model...

I wonder if the brand might have something to do with the onetime dispute over the use of the Gabbanelli name in the USA?
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal