Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Gigi Stok's 'Vecchi Ricordi'  (Read 1901 times)

HallelujahAl

Gigi Stok's 'Vecchi Ricordi'
« on: April 16, 2009, 02:08:55 PM »

Hi - my good friend and professional accordionist Romano Viazzani recently introduced me to the music of the Italian bravura accordionist & composer Gigi Stok (aka Luigi Stocchi).  I've just started my attempt at playing and transposing some of his tunes onto my Hohner Erica D/G melodeon (which for some is a kind of heretical thing to do) - below is a link where I've just started recording some of them. The first one is the tune 'Vecchi Ricordi'. I'm only doing the basic tunes at the moment - the variations & trio movements are too difficult for me. Hope you enjoy anyway.

http://www.mediafire.com/?tdmmmqwmzdw

You can also go to Romano's website and see and hear these things played properly as well as purchase the CDs and sheet music etc., at www.zzmusic.co.uk

Ciao!
AL

Mike Higgins

• Respected Sage
    • Strolling to Italy
Re: Gigi Stok's 'Vecchi Ricordi'
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2009, 05:07:23 PM »

Al
I've just clicked the link and get an ad page, am I doing something wrong?
Mike from Ponte Caffaro

HallelujahAl

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2009, 09:36:36 AM »

Hi Mike - the page is a little confusing with quite a lot of ads in it - but top left hand side is a 'download file' button. 19 people have downloaded it to date. Hope you find it ok.  Mind you it really is nothing special - I'm still learning my way around the D/G melodeon. But I want to use the recordings as ways of improving my playing ::)

Thanks
AL

HallelujahAl

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2009, 11:21:13 AM »

Another version of the same tune but this time played in F on my C/F Hohner which is not as dry tuned as my D/G machine. So a bit more musette. It doesn't have the extra notes that my D/G has so a few more compromises had to be made. AL  (:)

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=dea2e1b13e64dc2bd0d290dca69ceb5ce04e75f6e8ebb871

NB please let me know if the above link is ok now - thanks, AL

juker

• Hohner 2 row G/C and C/F,
    • Julie's Art'nAll
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2009, 11:08:06 AM »

Hi - my good friend and professional accordionist Romano Viazzani recently introduced me to the music of the Italian bravura accordionist & composer Gigi Stok (aka Luigi Stocchi).  I've just started my attempt at playing and transposing some of his tunes onto my Hohner Erica D/G melodeon (which for some is a kind of heretical thing to do) - below is a link where I've just started recording some of them. The first one is the tune 'Vecchi Ricordi'. I'm only doing the basic tunes at the moment - the variations & trio movements are too difficult for me. Hope you enjoy anyway.

http://www.mediafire.com/?tdmmmqwmzdw

You can also go to Romano's website and see and hear these things played properly as well as purchase the CDs and sheet music etc., at www.zzmusic.co.uk

Ciao!
AL
Lovely, this is charming music.
I don't get 'jigs'
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal