Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Anne Niepold on TV  (Read 1847 times)

Chris Ryall

• "doc 3-row"
  • French Interpreter
  • Wirral UK
    • Chris Ryall
Anne Niepold on TV
« on: December 19, 2014, 08:01:36 PM »

There are not many melodeonistas outside Belgium who get an 11 minute plug on a major music/ culture show (Dec 1 Brussels RTBF; le Dan Late show) for their second CD - Anne Niepold's "Musette is not dead" (reputedly all in 3/4 time).

http://www.rtbf.be/video/detail_anne-niepold?id=1975055

Not all melnetters will like the exact music (though I loved her musical references to Piaf's la Foule … and possibly  lots more). But we have to applaud that it's happening. The lead in waltz and tango toward the end are played on a Gaillard saphir 18 bass.

That's enough for now, I want to watch it again …  :|glug
  _       _    _      _ 

Mike Hirst

• Primatona IV D/D#, Black Dot B/C, One Row in D
Re: Anne Niepold on TV
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2014, 08:35:55 PM »

C'est merveilleux
"Slip like Freudian, your first and last step to playing yourself like an Accordion" - MF DOOM - Madvillain

arty

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2014, 08:47:43 PM »

Thank you Chris ---what a live wire she is! I only understood about a third of what she was talking about but her performance at the end is remarkable. You can do just about anything on a melodeon can't you! Fantastic.
Pre-Pokerwork C/F, Castagnari Laura G/C, Beltuna Sara 3 A/D, Castagnari Sander Special D/G

Chris Ryall

• "doc 3-row"
  • French Interpreter
  • Wirral UK
    • Chris Ryall
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2014, 08:56:53 PM »

I got about a third too.  *Walloonian ain't mainline French, though he said "cool" a few times and admitted he knew bugg'r all about melodeons. Then something about deciding to play our instument … in a swimming pool?

Ain't she fluent?

[ed] *Québécios apparently  :|glug
« Last Edit: December 20, 2014, 07:51:31 AM by Chris Ryall »
  _       _    _      _ 

arty

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2014, 09:26:58 PM »

Ha, ha! Maybe Chris....I am probably wrong but I thought she was saying that when she was young, she was given the choice to learn the piano, learn to swim in the swimming pool or learn the accordion. She chose the accordion, luckily for us!

Just listened again and yes I was wrong. She  had a child's piano when she was young, which she liked and she also liked going to the swimming pool. She was given a choice between a proper piano, an accordion or a vielle a roue (hurdy gurdy). She chose to learn the accordion and keep going to the swimming pool. She didn't want to learn the piano and didn't like the idea of turning that wheel on the hurdy gurdy! She liked traditional folk music on the accordion but wanted to bring it up to date by adding a little punk. She started to learn when she was 15 years old. She then goes on to explain the differences between a piano accordion, a CBA and a Diatonic.
So that's what I have understood so far and it may not be accurate! It is 6 years since I lived in France and she does speak very fast. The guy interviewing her is impossible to follow. Well, that's my excuse anyway!

I'm sure someone will come along and do much better than me.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2014, 10:05:33 PM by arty »
Pre-Pokerwork C/F, Castagnari Laura G/C, Beltuna Sara 3 A/D, Castagnari Sander Special D/G

forrest

• Other Places::
  • digits still functioning
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2014, 11:22:02 PM »

Thanks for posting Chris...she's awesome!

Pierre-Emmanuel

« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2014, 12:51:19 AM »

The guy interviewing her is impossible to follow.

He is from Quebec :-)

Bobtheboat

• 'On the cut' near Lichfield, UK
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2014, 07:35:16 AM »

Awesome! Does anyone know what bass set up she uses? Bob
'Rowbotham Erika Extraordinaire' (12 bass + stop G/C/acc), Hohner Liliput Bb-Eb. Castagnari Rik G/C/acc

Grape Ape

« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2014, 06:44:13 PM »

Amazing. This girl can really play. I would like to emulate her style, however I just can't imagine my fingers or my mind moving so quickly!

John MacKenzie (Cugiok)

• Fettling... Learning to reed and right.
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2014, 08:31:34 PM »

Magic. I got a little (very little) of the French, and I got the Piaf reference. apart from that, all i can say is.

Awesome.

John
There is no beginning to my talent :)

: Hohner Club Modell 1. Bb/Eb, de-clubbed : Early Hohner Pressed Wood A/D : 1930's Varnished wood G/C:  Hohner Erika C/F: Bandoneon tuned D/G Pressed wood: Koch F/Bb; G/C Pre Corso

Chris Ryall

• "doc 3-row"
  • French Interpreter
  • Wirral UK
    • Chris Ryall
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2014, 10:52:21 AM »

Meanwhile, up in (very briefly) sunny Estonia, on Christmas Day, before night falls, and the Queen. A other Belgian melodeonista is in action.

http://etv.err.ee/v/elusaated/joulutunnel/videod/ba8b1d1e-c76a-4493-9ced-9d19b3d26d99
  _       _    _      _ 

Lyra

« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2014, 01:06:29 AM »

Her dad was a folkie. She loved swimming. There was a folkie weekend at a place with a swimming pool but he said she could only go if she played an instrument, the available choices being melodeon or hurdy. The rest is history. Interestingly she studied melodeon at the conservatoire which, as she says, is not common. Although I do know of someone who had ukulele as main instrument at Oxford. Or Cambridge - somewhere that involves dressing up for exams, anyway.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal