Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Oakwood melodeon  (Read 3027 times)

pete /acorn

• .Cast Trilly
    • Acorn Instruments
Oakwood melodeon
« on: April 14, 2009, 09:08:40 AM »

Hi,
I've got an Oakwood 2.5 row,mine has been modified on the base side,I would like to make contact with someone who has a similar instrument,I'me looking at the possibility of making one or two like it and would like to compare notes,mine was made and set up for someone specialy and was also made I think fairly early on in Oakwoods production period.
I would also be keen to let players try it to to get their opinion so if anyone is near York and are accomplished players please get in touch.
At this moment this is only an evaluation exercise to test viability.

The box has 23+6 with 5th button start

I treated myself to this instrument 4 years ago but have not had time to learn to play it because of other buisness commitments,
I am a cabinet maker and am looking for another item to produce instead of furniture.

Pete,

Jillys husband
« Last Edit: April 14, 2009, 08:29:25 PM by jilly »
Acorn Instruments are the official retailer for Castagnari Instruments,Melodeons and Accordions for England and Scotland and have an extensive stock of new instruments on the shelf for prompt delivery in standard layouts however these can easily be changed to customers specia lrequirements
 We also have the largest stock in the UK of  pre loved melodons all fully serviced,and with 12 months warranty
UK and international customers catered for
www.acorninstruments.co.uk

Ebor_fiddler

• Chris
  • Hohner 1040 C One-Row, Sandpiper D/G, Liliput C/F
    • Ebor Morris
Re: Oakwood melodeon (Pete's)
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2009, 12:29:20 PM »

Pete: I'm in York, but although I don't play that well myself, I think I can at least point you in the right direction. There are good melodeon players at music sessions in the Tap & Spile (Fridays) and in The Maltings (Tuesdays). If you take your box along, you could have a word with the players there and gather opinions. If you need any more detail, chase me through "My Mesages".

Good Luck.

Chris.
I'm a Yorkie!
My other melodeon's a fiddle, but one of my Hohners has six strings! I also play a very red Hawkins Bazaar in C and a generic Klingenthaler spoon bass in F.!! My other pets (played) are gobirons - Hohner Marine Band in C, Hohner Tremolo in D and a Chinese Thingy Tremolo in G.

pipives

• Respected Sage
    • Pip Ives
Re: Oakwood melodeon
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2009, 06:08:28 PM »

I'm in newcastle, but pass york relatively frequently so would be happy to drop in and try stuff

;D
Faversham, Kent

Ellison

• Respected Sage
    • A few tunes here:
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2009, 08:21:15 AM »

Might be wrong but did this box once belong to Dave Whetstone?
Martin

pete /acorn

• .Cast Trilly
    • Acorn Instruments
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2009, 10:19:22 AM »

Hi Martin,
Yes it was Dave Whetstone's box
Acorn Instruments are the official retailer for Castagnari Instruments,Melodeons and Accordions for England and Scotland and have an extensive stock of new instruments on the shelf for prompt delivery in standard layouts however these can easily be changed to customers specia lrequirements
 We also have the largest stock in the UK of  pre loved melodons all fully serviced,and with 12 months warranty

Malcolm Austen

• Respected Sage
  • any old hohner
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2009, 05:55:07 AM »

On the old forum here was it this one?
I seem to remember that it /they  had all chords on the bass end.
aka malodeon

pete /acorn

• .Cast Trilly
    • Acorn Instruments
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2009, 07:38:47 AM »

Hi,
Yes it is the DG box however the bass end has been put back to standard but it is not as I want it yet.
Obviosly you know this box,any info would be much appreciated,
When I mensiond modified I meant on the trebl end,the G and D scale starts on 5th button down with non standard notes above this gives a lot of possibilities using the half row.This is why I have asked for assistance from forum members because I think this particuler layout may well be interesting on any boxes I make
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal