Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: For lovers of Stephane Delicq  (Read 10232 times)

arty

Re: For lovers of Stephane Delicq
« Reply #40 on: August 13, 2016, 03:33:39 PM »

His music just has something both haunting and upfront and HONEST about it.  Simple yet complex, I really think the word Honest best describes how I feel about his compositions.  Every tune I have heard from him speaks to me- and even though I know there are others who feel the same, I can't help but feel he wrote each tune just for me.  The precision and the steady as she goes way of playing is in my book without rival.  He takes his time with each tune, making sure every note gets its due.  He has become the soundtrack to my life as it is at this stage.  Not sure I am making sense, more coffee may be in order...

I understand exactly what you mean, I think the same. It is a very intimate kind of music - like he is sharing a secret. 'Honest' is a good description.
I don't know if you do Facebook, but there are two very useful pages on there. 1. Stephane Delicq has a page and from time to time some good info comes up there. The page is run by Stephane's daughter. 2. There is a page called Accordeon Diatonique pour et par les debutantes. This page is very active but the language is French (although Google translate is helpful). It was on this page that I found your tabs for La Discrete. Both pages are worth a look.
I shall keep my eyes open for La Jeune Fille....I am afraid I don't have it but it will turn up one day.
Happy days! :-)
Pre-Pokerwork C/F, Castagnari Laura G/C, Beltuna Sara 3 A/D, Castagnari Sander Special D/G

playandteach

• Currently a music teacher in a high school.
« Reply #41 on: August 13, 2016, 04:16:26 PM »

I've got the sheet music for Jeune Fille - with his numbering system on it (probably fingering rather than buttons. I don't mind writing out the buttons that I use for you - but bear in mind that I've got the Dutch reversal where the Gs and As may or may not be the same as where they are on your boxes - depending on direction. All the F chords seem to be on the pull, which I guess means that the As will be in the same place on your box as mine - and the only Gs are on the push. Someone will know here, then, if that avoids the reversals.
I am happy to help. I'll only take 30 minutes to type out and add button numbers. As Arty says, I don't use the tabs, but it should be fairly easy to do.
Serafini R2D2 GC, Serafini GC accs 18 bass

Grape Ape

« Reply #42 on: August 13, 2016, 05:05:54 PM »

I would love that but definitely do not want to put you out.  If you do and post it out there, I am sure others would appreciate it (particularly in France).  Dutch reversal shouldn't mess me up too bad as I already switch between CF, BbEB, GC, AD, low notes, accidentals, club and non clubbed boxes.  That is not to say my playing on any of them is particularly good....

Though I should add that Delicq is teaching me a great deal about playing, example being Vivre with its 5/4 time and chords chords chords.  What a challenge it presents!

arty

« Reply #43 on: August 13, 2016, 05:26:58 PM »

I've got the sheet music for Jeune Fille - with his numbering system on it (probably fingering rather than buttons. I don't mind writing out the buttons that I use for you - but bear in mind that I've got the Dutch reversal where the Gs and As may or may not be the same as where they are on your boxes - depending on direction. All the F chords seem to be on the pull, which I guess means that the As will be in the same place on your box as mine - and the only Gs are on the push. Someone will know here, then, if that avoids the reversals.
I am happy to help. I'll only take 30 minutes to type out and add button numbers. As Arty says, I don't use the tabs, but it should be fairly easy to do.

I would love to have the sheet music for La Jeune Fille, please! I don't need the tabs. Thanks P&T :-)
Pre-Pokerwork C/F, Castagnari Laura G/C, Beltuna Sara 3 A/D, Castagnari Sander Special D/G

arty

« Reply #44 on: August 13, 2016, 05:31:19 PM »

What a challenge it presents!

You have a lot of work on your plate!!! I hope you make some recordings sometime in the future and we can all have a listen. I too am learning La Discrete right now, it is very, very nice!

playandteach

• Currently a music teacher in a high school.
« Reply #45 on: August 14, 2016, 12:11:17 AM »

Here's La Jeune Fille. I haven't played it through because everyone is asleep here. Hopefully it's accurate. I haven't put in the tabs for the ornaments to keep it simple, but they are just repeating the notes either side of them (so notes 3' 4 with a twiddle between them will be 3' 4 3' 4).
Instructions are on the pdf for button numbers.
It is of course possible that your boxes may start on a different button, so all the numbers would be 1 out in that case.
Let me know if there's something not clear.
Good luck.
Serafini R2D2 GC, Serafini GC accs 18 bass

Grape Ape

« Reply #46 on: September 02, 2017, 02:16:38 AM »

Thanks to methods I care not to debate I have spent the day listening to all of Stephane Delicq's albums in order.  As i sit drinking a pleasant Cotes du Rhone and listening to "Douce," I wonder how I will return to the world when it is over. 

arty

« Reply #47 on: September 02, 2017, 07:40:31 AM »

And why would you want to? Now all you need is a bass player, a clarinet and a fiddle and you can stay there! Enjoy  :|glug
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal