Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Kidnapping emoticons  (Read 2420 times)

911377brian

Kidnapping emoticons
« on: January 09, 2015, 08:04:00 PM »

I think the Melnet emoticons are charming and amusing. Is there a way of kidnapping them and using them in day to day emails outwith the forum?

Chris Ryall

• "doc 3-row"
  • French Interpreter
  • Wirral UK
    • Chris Ryall
Re: Kidnapping emoticons
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2015, 08:10:14 PM »

right click, and "save image as" in most browsers. Not kind to link to the copies on melnet's host machine - it will add (albeit minutely) to the forum's cost. Impolite

In either case there may be copyright issues. I think most of the simple smiley type ones are Public Domain already. Others must advise about the forum specific ones: moving melodeon onwards …

…apart from the hobby horse - which as originator I hereby give to the Public Domain :|glug
  _       _    _      _ 

Anahata

• This mind intentionally left blank
  • Oakwood D/G, C/F Club, 1-rows in C,D,G
    • Treewind Music
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2015, 08:14:58 PM »

Open up the message editor, right click on any icon and select "Save image as.." or similar and save it.

Most email programs let you compose emails in HTML (often it's the default) and that lets you embed images. For example in Thunderbird just drag the image from a file manager window into your message text.
I'm a melodeon player. What's your excuse?
Music recording and web hosting: www.treewind.co.uk
Mary Humphreys and Anahata: www.maryanahata.co.uk
Ceilidh band: www.barleycoteband.co.uk

pikey

• Addicted to squeezeboxes since 1975
  • Thread mod
  • If it moves, I'll squeeze it....
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2015, 09:22:30 PM »

right click, and "save image as" in most browsers. Not kind to link to the copies on melnet's host machine - it will add (albeit minutely) to the forum's cost. Impolite

…apart from the hobby horse - which as originator I hereby give to the Public Domain :|glug

So THATs what it is !!
Still squeezing after all these years.
Mostly on hohners , with a couple of Dinos and a smattering of anglos - and now a Jeffries duet

Chris Ryall

• "doc 3-row"
  • French Interpreter
  • Wirral UK
    • Chris Ryall
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2015, 02:59:34 AM »

At the risk of sounding like a broken record (there should be an icon to warn of a member's hobby horse, e.g. modes for Chris 8) and the superiority of the B/C/C# for George  :|glug and the following for me …  :D ):
  _       _    _      _ 

911377brian

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2015, 08:30:46 AM »

:|bl :|bl :|blThanks Chris, I'm going to drop any ideas of kidnapping the emoticons; I've absolutely no intention of being impolite or adding to Melnet's costs..... :|bl

Lester

• MADman
  • Mods and volunteers
  • Hohners'R'me
    • Lester's Melodeon Emporium and Tune-a-Rama
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2015, 08:48:01 AM »

If my memory serves me well  :||:   :|||:  and  :M were created by ladydetemps of this parish (but not recently) who could be asked by PM if she has a view over copyright.

Chris Ryall

• "doc 3-row"
  • French Interpreter
  • Wirral UK
    • Chris Ryall
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2015, 08:48:51 AM »

Brian, all is OK if you copy the icons to eg desktop, and then eg drag drop them into your email as needed, as per Anahata (have done this myself). Not sure of the © situation on melnet's moving ones, that's all.

Linking to images from off site used to be considered iffy. But the telephone line I put in here last week will be ablte to download 30-40,000 of them per second. Bandwidth isn't the problem it was

See this topic hasjumped into "support" overnight ;) so we might getva definative steer from our Admins :|glug
  _       _    _      _ 
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal