Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Gaillard Cajun style 1 row  (Read 1750 times)

hibbs3

Gaillard Cajun style 1 row
« on: May 02, 2009, 04:59:29 AM »

Has anyone had any experience with Bertrand Gaillard's 11 button cajun style box? I assume it's a 4v, although in the only picture I've seen of one, it only has 2 stops. Does he even still make this model?

Andy in Vermont

• Mélodie
    • Melodeon Minutes (blog)
Re: Gaillard Cajun style 1 row
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2009, 01:27:41 PM »

hibbs3

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2009, 01:38:01 PM »

Thanks Andy, you're right about the exchange and waiting period, a bit much. I've been nibbling on the thought of having a 1 row box built, but that might be months - years away before I decide what I want.

Who recorded the album with the Gaillard one row? Is there any chance I might get to hear a snip of it, just to hear how the box itself sounds before I dismiss it as an option all together?

melodeon

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2009, 09:08:04 PM »

I have a copy of a Gaillard brochure  showing 2  one row boxes... both have 2 stops only  and the stops are in the positiion of the stops shown on the posted  photo

Perhaps this has changed

I ,too ,would like a Gaillard one row...    but with so many great No American builders at a high level of skill and lower prices, makes no sense.

Andy in Vermont

• Mélodie
    • Melodeon Minutes (blog)
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2009, 12:10:06 PM »

Who recorded the album with the Gaillard one row? Is there any chance I might get to hear a snip of it, just to hear how the box itself sounds before I dismiss it as an option all together?

The player is Vincent Blin, and I have it on cassette.  Sorry, I don't have the time or patience to convert any sound samples from cassette right now.  As a one-row box, it lacks the gutsy sound of Cajun and Quebecois boxes -- its sound is more on the Castagnari (1-row) end of the spectrum.
-Andy
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal