Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: PLAYING THE BASS  (Read 869 times)

Fungusface

• SAOR ALBA
  • Respected Sage
  • SAOR ALBA
PLAYING THE BASS
« on: January 22, 2015, 12:47:48 PM »

I noticed when watching YOUTUBE.COM,, many melodeon  players never use the bass side, wonder if their like me I canna play that side no matter how much I try , ooompaaa is my limit and another amazing thing I canna understand is  I canna read music cant make head nor tail of it, and yet can play quite a few tunes
it seems my fingers just play automatically  but If i think on what notes are I just have to stop,, as the fingers dont know where to go, I heard people play both rows B/C crossing back and forward  I ant do that, probably because I have never had anyone to play along with or show me what to do,, I was first to use whilst sitting by a campfire  before council insisted I became a housedweller. at leats by campfire can play as loud as they play ,I laugh at warden here at Council sheltered houses tells me to play softly ,,which is impossible. there is volume on a melodeon,infact most want them louder,,,
Found out Forbes of Dundee who sold mainly Hohner Black dots  was a Bagpipe maker in 1940 to 1947 then started on melodeons. when Jimmy Shand started working with him.amazing how many of old retailers all faded away, havent seen any other sellers in Scotland. England seems to have more melodeon players than here,, and lately sold more used  bagpipes to english pipers than scottish ones, mostly are in bands of Scottish wartime influence.

If you wish peace, friendship, and quietness: listen and look and read
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal