Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Stephane Delicq, who died 5 years ago today  (Read 1232 times)

arty

Stephane Delicq, who died 5 years ago today
« on: February 03, 2015, 10:23:37 PM »

There is a Facebook page for Stephane Delicq. His daughter left a post on it saying that he had died 5 years ago today, expressing her sadness, hoping that he is in a place where the wine and the music is good. She also says that she is working on editing a book of his music but it is taking a long time.
She posted this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2PiBsy-W1A
as if we needed reminding of his wonderful legacy.
Pre-Pokerwork C/F, Castagnari Laura G/C, Beltuna Sara 3 A/D, Castagnari Sander Special D/G

Nick Hudis

• Respected Sage
  • Loffet Pro 18, Castagnari Casta
    • Themassageman
Re: Stephane Delicq, who died 5 years ago today
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2015, 01:38:53 PM »

Can't believe its five years.  He was my first box hero.  Delighted that there is growing interest in his music.
Nick

Chris Ryall

• "doc 3-row"
  • French Interpreter
  • Wirral UK
    • Chris Ryall
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2015, 08:47:41 AM »

Stephane was a complex man, great music true; I had the pleasure of dancing to it into the small hours in France, and later in Lancaster and a few other places. I'd personally say dance accompaniment was his true contribution to accordéonism. He wrote some lovely tunes, often quite simple, but it was the way he played them …

The context that he worked in is of quite a number of (frankly very) sound peripatetic musicians playing either solo or with small groups for bal folk. So he was in competition with Bouffard, Plard, Peronne, Lavergne. Like eg Emmanuel Pariselle he got out of France, though that takes opportunity. As it happens he was in Lancaster for the same reason that I was in Paris. Complex man.
  _       _    _      _ 

arty

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2015, 03:32:50 PM »

That's interesting Chris. I didn't know the man at all and it is only recently that I have started to study his music. You describe him as 'a complex' man and I can imagine that through his music. While much of it seems simple, deceptively so, it can and often is very hard to play well, especially the phrasing which is all important. Also, it is gentle and flowing like a clear stream running through a meadow, sensitively but purposefully making it's way over all the obstacles in its path. I love it. I am learning some of it but I've got my work cut out.
Pre-Pokerwork C/F, Castagnari Laura G/C, Beltuna Sara 3 A/D, Castagnari Sander Special D/G

Chris Ryall

• "doc 3-row"
  • French Interpreter
  • Wirral UK
    • Chris Ryall
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2015, 05:49:15 PM »

Guess in the end that applies to most of us. He was nice enough F2F but I didn't personally get beyond that. Cartainly at Grand Bal twilight session it felt like he was playing just for you (might even be the case with only 4-5 couples surviving).
  _       _    _      _ 
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal