Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Accordion bellows making video  (Read 3569 times)

blafleur

Accordion bellows making video
« on: February 26, 2015, 05:50:23 PM »

Pretty good video on bellows making, and a couple things I may try.  But it didn't show the one thing I was waiting for.  He put on the cloth in one big piece without precutting the corners, but it didn't show how he did cut the corners later.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRUqWyt-b3k
« Last Edit: February 27, 2015, 04:37:02 AM by blafleur »

brazilian.BOX

• Respected Sage
  • youtube search: 8 baixos
Re: Accordion making video
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2015, 10:34:36 PM »

Ahaa! It's from Brazil!  ;D
This sound playing the video's soundtrack we have a traditional track of the Brazilian Melodeon South Style. But about the bellows, it's really interesting.
The Brazilian chromatic tuning: www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwLF1tH3q5Y

Mcheconi

• New Starter
    • Gaita Ponto SP
Re: Accordion bellows making video
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2016, 06:43:17 AM »

Hello guys, I made a playlist out of videos published in YouTube by Mr. Anatoly Jitov. Mr. Anatoly speaks in russian, but the videos are pretty much easy to follow while he rebuilds some old bellows, showing all the steps with details. For making bellows from scratch, this tutorial is missing the plied cardboard cutting and preparation, but these steps can be found in the video presented originally in this topic. Here's the link to my playlist:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLJQT3kKkuqDHdxB4Y4Xmu8QkQiEotwAzR

Psuggmog Volbenz

• Respected Sage
    • musical whimsy
Re: Accordion bellows making video
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2016, 10:23:09 AM »

Pretty good video on bellows making, and a couple things I may try.  But it didn't show the one thing I was waiting for.  He put on the cloth in one big piece without precutting the corners, but it didn't show how he did cut the corners later.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRUqWyt-b3k
I haven't covered the card with cloth, but have done so with paper. I precut the corners using the layout for cutting the card except using 45 degree angle. The card is more than 45 degree to make gap for gussets.. In the videos in post #3 the corners are cut after glueing with scissors, which make covering positioning more forgiving.
I'm squeezin' and they're wheezin': old junker boxes
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal