Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Too raucous last night.  (Read 1368 times)

ACE

Too raucous last night.
« on: March 07, 2015, 11:28:08 AM »

At our monthly get together I usually get asked to accompany some rowdy singing near the end of the evening. Last night I just could not stop the little one voice from barking. It seemed very intrusive, I had to go to the higher octaves to get any sense out of the thing. It might have been a tincture too much, but I have been re-arranging my playing style for all our dance tunes on the recently acquired 3 voice and  having a couple of hours a day practising.

Perhaps I had got so used to the wetter sound of the Hohner that the mini special just threw me last night. There were no complaints from the singers. So it could have just been me that was offended.  I hope so anyway.
Saltarelle Horizon, Dino mini, Lachenal g/d anglo

911377brian

Re: Too raucous last night.
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2015, 11:41:48 AM »

I bet it was all in your head Ace. I can no longer play even my Hohner one rows without a great deal of discomfort with my left arm and have recently (VERY recently) started playing  Mignon which seemed very shrill to me, but only to me. My long suffering family assure me that OK, it sounds different, but it's fine...... :||: ;)

Bob Ellis

• Hero?....Where's my medal, then?
  • Ain't I cute?
Re: Too raucous last night.
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2015, 02:55:06 PM »

An interesting observation, ACE, and something that I have also noticed quite recently.

The box I played most frequently for the three years or so up to last October was my MM Pariselle. Then I acquired my LMM Clément Guais. Naturally, I have been playing that box more than any other for the last four months. When I go back to my Pariselle, it sounds different from the way it used to sound - higher, sweeter and softer. Even the sound of my Marc Savoy Acadian box has less growl to it than it used to do. Clearly this is due my ear adjusting to the deeper and fully sound of my Guais, but it is interesting that this adjustment has altered my perception of how my other boxes sound.
Bob in beautiful Wensleydale, Les Panards Dansants, Crook Morris and the Loose Knit Band.
Clément Guais 3-row D/G/acc.; Castagnari 1914 D/G; Karntnerland Steirische 3-row G/C/F; Ellis Pariselle 2.6-row D/G/acc.; Gabbanelli Compact 2-row D/G with lots of bling, pre-war Hohner Bb/F; Acadian one-row in D.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal