Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problems With Tempo When Quickly Switching Bellows Movement  (Read 2937 times)

Theo

• Administrator
  • Hohner Club Too
    • The Box Place
Re: Problems With Tempo When Quickly Switching Bellows Movement
« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2015, 04:26:37 PM »

You can compensate for a stretched thumbstrap by giving it a half turn twist before putting your thumb in.

Leather tends to stretch a bit when new, and then stay stable for a long time.
Theo Gibb - Gateshead UK

Proprietor of The Box Place for melodeon and concertina sales and service.
Follow me on Twitter and Facebook for stock updates.

syale

• The Terrier
  • When will this MADness stop?
Re: Problems With Tempo When Quickly Switching Bellows Movement
« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2015, 05:01:14 PM »

I made a thumb ring from leather which it fits snugly on my thumb and then goes into the thumbstrap. It gives a little extra cushioning and when my father in law comes down from Canada, who has bigger thumbs than me, he plays it direct without using my custom thumb ring. The other benefit is that where the ring is a snug fit on my thumb I don't get sore after an hours playing as it is leather against leather (as opposed to leather moving against my thumb as I go up and down the buttons. I made the thumb ring by measuring the circumference of my thumb with a piece of paper, cutting out a length of leather equal to the circumference with the same width as the thumbstrap and stitched it together.

Stephen
HA114 C/G/A/D, 2915 G/C. Liliput, Club IIB C/F Dino Baffetti Modell 22 B Twitter: @syale
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal