Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: EBAY LINK: Tania Rutkowski 3 row 18 bass G/C/+  (Read 2227 times)

squeezy

• Quick starter (now lagging behind)
  • Hohner Cornelia (mixte D/G/o&s)
    • www.johnspiers.co.uk
EBAY LINK: Tania Rutkowski 3 row 18 bass G/C/+
« on: March 21, 2015, 01:00:54 PM »

I don't normally post up eBay links ... but this really is something out of the ordinary ... and it only has 2 hours remaining on the auction if anyone is interested!

http://www.ebay.fr/itm/Accordeon-Diatonique-Tania-Rutkowski-/321695741703?pt=FR_YO_InstrumentsMusique_Accordeons&hash=item4ae68f7707

It's a maker I don't know from France and looks to be a very compact 3 row 18 bass box .. 2 voice LM ... and it seems like a stunning box.

I don't need a box like this - but just in case someone out there does and sees this heads up quick enough.

[[edited by Theo to add photo from the ebay listing]]
« Last Edit: March 23, 2015, 10:06:40 AM by Theo »
Squeezy

Sometimes wrong, sometimes right ... but always certain!

brazilian.BOX

• Respected Sage
  • youtube search: 8 baixos
Re: EBAY LINK: Tania Rutkowski 3 row 18 bass G/C/+
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2015, 01:16:49 PM »

Woow, this is simply amazing. About the style and design is really beautiful. I got curious in see it sounding. But the price  :o, would be like 2 fantastic Castagnaris. Not a complaing, just comparison. Cause probably it values the 2.800 euros or around at least.
The Brazilian chromatic tuning: www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwLF1tH3q5Y

Roger Howard

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2015, 01:19:13 PM »

A very highly thought of maker, once with Marc Serafiini; all her instruments are striking in design.

(Quiet drool.)

Roger
G/C Gaillard 2 row, 3 voice, D/G Lilly, D/G Pariselle 2.6 row, Preciosa Bb/Eb.

brazilian.BOX

• Respected Sage
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2015, 01:37:47 PM »

Well, I think I found a model, very close: www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRoXz3m7DG8
Just to try illustrate how would be the sonority.  :||:

mr hohner

• Regular debater
  • K.BLAND Melodeons
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2015, 05:44:12 PM »

Looks a similar to a handry 18 to me, (I know it isn't though)
Castagnari Studio D/G, Serenelli D/G, Hohner Pokerwork D/G, Castagnari Lilly D/G , Sandpiper Dublin II G/C, Serenelli Silyvia G/Acc

ocajun

• Regular debater
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2015, 03:38:21 PM »

No bids? With that quote: "Blessed are the cracked, for they let in the light"? It is a bit pricey, right enough.
Music from the swamps of Louisiana, the bogs of Ireland and the Moss of Balloch!

Thrupenny Bit

• happily squeezing away in Devon
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2015, 04:08:51 PM »

Of all the new young breed of French makers, her boxes appeal the least, she seems to bring an almost Art Deco look to design. I'm sure they're lovely to play, especially coming from under Serafini's wing, just not to my taste.
I prefer the more understated look of  Vanglabeke and Guais.
But we're all different!
Q
Thrupenny Bit

I think I'm starting to get most of the notes in roughly the right order...... sometimes!

Grape Ape

« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2015, 04:18:49 PM »

You know I was afraid to say but I have to agree the thing in my opinion is just ugly, and the grill is downright cheesy...may well sound great but I for one would be embarassed for anyone to see me play it.

Thrupenny Bit

« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2015, 04:26:12 PM »

;D ah so it's not just me!
I'm sure it's looks will appeal to some, and we might be totally wrong in gauging it on looks alone. It might well play like a dream and sound stunning. Trouble is all we can do is form an opinion by looks alone, which really isn't the best measure.
Q
Thrupenny Bit

I think I'm starting to get most of the notes in roughly the right order...... sometimes!

Theo

• Administrator
  • Hohner Club Too
    • The Box Place
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2015, 04:37:30 PM »

Don't be so conservative!  I think it's great that a young maker of quality boxes is making such a distinctive look. Nothing wrong with a nice bit if timber on show which is now the mainstream look for quality boxes, but this is a refreshing change.
Theo Gibb - Gateshead UK

Proprietor of The Box Place for melodeon and concertina sales and service.
Follow me on Twitter and Facebook for stock updates.

Thrupenny Bit

« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2015, 04:50:07 PM »

See, I knew someone would like them  ;D
I agree it is good that someone is pushing the boundaries, and new blood coming into the making profession is a good thing.
On looks alone they just aren't for me!
Q
A man of simple understated tastes.....
Thrupenny Bit

Roger Howard

« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2015, 05:12:09 PM »

Don't be so conservative!  I think it's great that a young maker of quality boxes is making such a distinctive look. Nothing wrong with a nice bit if timber on show which is now the mainstream look for quality boxes, but this is a refreshing change.

And she makes plenty of boxes without colouring the wood - always, I think, two different, contrasting woods on show. They are distinctive as the contrasts in coloured finishes. She certainly makes them stand out. I quite like them, my wife doesn't: all a matter of taste.

Roger
G/C Gaillard 2 row, 3 voice, D/G Lilly, D/G Pariselle 2.6 row, Preciosa Bb/Eb.

brazilian.BOX

• Respected Sage
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2015, 05:27:10 PM »

Well, just to contribute with my feelings, about this debate. Well, I believe we could AIM this debate to clarify about the productions techniques and materials of this brand and also the cost (for example are the using a really rare kind of wood in their production) to compare about and check if the price would be really faire charging the double of the price of a very nice Castagnari for example (a producer that proven uses the best materials and have so many very good and experienced professionals) and they are charging between 1.200 and 2.400 euros for their best models.

* A point that may influence is also about her capability of a large production, her structures to produce. Is she producing alone the boxes? How many people in her team for example. Cause if she is able to produce just 3 pieces a month for example, and her product is really TOP quality paired with the best of the best industries in quality and materials used, so is fair she charges higher prices. Cause the big players can put some 200 boxes in the market in a month and she would be putting just 3 a month let's suppose. Basically logistics rules so.

So, much more than analyze her age, we should put attention in the main FEATURES or the complete set of features of her production.

squeezy

• Quick starter (now lagging behind)
  • Hohner Cornelia (mixte D/G/o&s)
    • www.johnspiers.co.uk
« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2015, 05:47:40 PM »

I love the kind of art-deco look of that particular box.  And I've loved the tasteful use of stained maple wood since I saw some of the lovely Oakwoods in green and red stain when I was selling them.

I don't know how these boxes play, but I also don't think that 2800 euro which is about exactly 2000 pounds is too much to pay for a brand new unplayed handmade 3 row 18 bass box.  You certainly can't buy 2 Castagnaris of the same spec for that (the Big Benny is on sale at 3115 euros).

I also think that it's great to see new designs on the market.
Squeezy

Sometimes wrong, sometimes right ... but always certain!

rees

• Windjammer
    • Wesson Accordions
« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2015, 06:58:46 PM »

I met her at St Chartier last year. I love the look of her instruments and they play very nicely.
Rees Wesson (accordion builder and mechanic)
Gungrog, Welshpool, Wales, UK
www.melodeons.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal