Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: Melodeons at Witney 2015  (Read 19894 times)

Bob Ellis

• Hero?....Where's my medal, then?
  • Ain't I cute?
Re: Melodeons at Witney 2015
« Reply #40 on: September 09, 2015, 12:10:08 PM »

I didn't find making choices for this year's workshops easy because it is not clear what Andy Cutting is going to cover in his 'Thinking Outside the Box' workshop on Sunday. All the others are fairly clear from their titles or the ensuing explanation, but there is no explanation for Andy's Sunday session.
Bob in beautiful Wensleydale, Les Panards Dansants, Crook Morris and the Loose Knit Band.
Clément Guais 3-row D/G/acc.; Castagnari 1914 D/G; Karntnerland Steirische 3-row G/C/F; Ellis Pariselle 2.6-row D/G/acc.; Gabbanelli Compact 2-row D/G with lots of bling, pre-war Hohner Bb/F; Acadian one-row in D.

Anahata

• This mind intentionally left blank
  • Oakwood D/G, C/F Club, 1-rows in C,D,G
    • Treewind Music
« Reply #41 on: September 09, 2015, 12:12:38 PM »

Well, if I was going, I'd choose AC's workshop whatever he called it!
(maybe he hasn't even decided yet what he's going to do)
I'm a melodeon player. What's your excuse?
Music recording and web hosting: www.treewind.co.uk
Mary Humphreys and Anahata: www.maryanahata.co.uk
Ceilidh band: www.barleycoteband.co.uk

Bob Ellis

• Ain't I cute?
« Reply #42 on: September 09, 2015, 12:20:31 PM »

Andy also has two workshops on the Saturday, one about varying the bass end in a tune and the other about phrasing. Because of the popularity of his workshops, we are only allowed to choose one of his during the weekend. I have signed up for his 'Thinking Outside the Box, workshop on Sunday, but I would have felt more comfortable doing so if I knew what he intends to cover in it.
Bob in beautiful Wensleydale, Les Panards Dansants, Crook Morris and the Loose Knit Band.
Clément Guais 3-row D/G/acc.; Castagnari 1914 D/G; Karntnerland Steirische 3-row G/C/F; Ellis Pariselle 2.6-row D/G/acc.; Gabbanelli Compact 2-row D/G with lots of bling, pre-war Hohner Bb/F; Acadian one-row in D.

Julian S

• D/G Pastourelle 2, Dony, Pokerwork, G/C Pariselle
« Reply #43 on: September 09, 2015, 12:39:12 PM »

Me too- it sounded intriguing and as I reckon I have problems with thinking outside the box I might well learn something.
Whilst on the subject:
There was a young lady at Witney
Whose squeezing played hell with me kidneys
Her press and her draws kept me asking for more
And her accidentals made me legs go all wriggly

:||:
Old Bones Dance Band

Steve_freereeder

• Content Manager
  • MAD is inevitable. Keep Calm and Carry On
    • Lizzie Dripping
« Reply #44 on: September 09, 2015, 12:53:19 PM »

Here's the link to the workshop programme for this year's MAW
http://www.davetownsendmusic.com/homweekends/melodeons.html
Steve
Sheffield, UK.
www.lizziedripping.org.uk

robotmay

« Reply #45 on: September 09, 2015, 01:25:48 PM »

Well I've submitted my choices, though I've had no confirmation back yet.
Last year I ended up organising the Friday night session in The New Inn. Should I do the same again for this year? It seemed to work really well last time.

Helena Handcart

• Nine-box Nellie
« Reply #46 on: September 09, 2015, 01:27:28 PM »

Last year I ended up organising the Friday night session in The New Inn. Should I do the same again for this year? It seemed to work really well last time.

That's a 'yes please' from me :)

I will try to sit a little further from the fire this year too  :|||:
Sideways typing on the wooden handbag (now with added electric typewriter).

Green Man Sword | Helena Handcart on Soundcloud| Squeezebox from Scratch |

Steve_freereeder

• Content Manager
  • MAD is inevitable. Keep Calm and Carry On
    • Lizzie Dripping
« Reply #47 on: September 09, 2015, 02:06:40 PM »

That's a 'yes please' from me too!  (:)

There will be the usual official welcoming session in the Henry Box School from 8:00 pm until about 9:30, but then we have to vacate the building so the caretaker can lock up and go home. But continuing on at The New Inn sounds great idea for those who then still find the night to be young. Thanks for organising it! Let us know if/when you are successful in your approach to the pub.
Steve
Sheffield, UK.
www.lizziedripping.org.uk

Bob Ellis

• Ain't I cute?
« Reply #48 on: September 09, 2015, 03:55:57 PM »

Yes, please. A session in the New Inn is just the thing after a long drive from the Dales. We usually arrive in time for the last couple of tunes at the Henry Box School, so an extension session in the pub (perchance with alcohol  :|glug) is a great way to unwind after the journey.

baz parkes

• All Blacked Up
« Reply #49 on: September 09, 2015, 04:56:04 PM »

I didn't find making choices for this year's workshops easy because it is not clear what Andy Cutting is going to cover in his 'Thinking Outside the Box' workshop on Sunday.

Triangle, innit.... :|glug
On the edge of Cheshire's Golden Triangle, apparently...

Julian S

• D/G Pastourelle 2, Dony, Pokerwork, G/C Pariselle
« Reply #50 on: September 09, 2015, 05:17:02 PM »

I didn't find making choices for this year's workshops easy because it is not clear what Andy Cutting is going to cover in his 'Thinking Outside the Box' workshop on Sunday.

Triangle, innit.... :|glug

Yes but in what key ? My only triangle is a cajun one tuned in c ( but played mostly in g)  :|glug :|glug
Old Bones Dance Band

Theo

• Administrator
  • Hohner Club Too
    • The Box Place
« Reply #51 on: September 09, 2015, 05:23:01 PM »

I thought triangles were always in Delta?
Theo Gibb - Gateshead UK

Proprietor of The Box Place for melodeon and concertina sales and service.
Follow me on Twitter and Facebook for stock updates.

butimba

• Regular debater
  • Oxford, UK
« Reply #52 on: September 13, 2015, 05:47:47 PM »

So... I've emailed 3 times now to 2 different email addresses to ask about stewarding and heard nothing back. I assume this means they don't want another steward, but before I go ahead and book a place I just wanted to find out if anyone knows of a good way to get in touch with Dave Townsend that I maybe haven't tried/has also had this problem of not being able to get in touch?

Lester

• MADman
  • Mods and volunteers
  • Hohners'R'me
    • Lester's Melodeon Emporium and Tune-a-Rama
« Reply #53 on: September 13, 2015, 06:04:59 PM »

So... I've emailed 3 times now to 2 different email addresses to ask about stewarding and heard nothing back. I assume this means they don't want another steward, but before I go ahead and book a place I just wanted to find out if anyone knows of a good way to get in touch with Dave Townsend that I maybe haven't tried/has also had this problem of not being able to get in touch?

PMed

robotmay

« Reply #54 on: October 19, 2015, 05:38:41 PM »

The session is just about sorted out now; it should be in The New Inn same as last year! I just need to call the landlord back up and let him know what time we'll be appearing (sometime around 9:45-10pm if I remember from last time).

On a separate note: does anyone have a spare D/G box they'd be willing to lend to someone for the weekend? I have a friend coming over from France for MAW and he only has a G/C, I believe. I was hoping to have a second one in time myself, but I'm not sure if that'll happen so I'd like to arrange a contingency plan (:) I would be happy to ply any would-be lenders with beer in the pub! He's respectful of instruments and looked after mine well when I was in France.

pete /acorn

• .Cast Trilly
    • Acorn Instruments
« Reply #55 on: October 19, 2015, 07:32:19 PM »

Hi
I have a second hand Castagnari Nik he is welcome to borrow.It is tuned wetter than normal Castagnari tuning if any good.
Will be around on Friday evening you can have it then

Pete

www.acorninstruments.co.uk
Acorn Instruments are the official retailer for Castagnari Instruments,Melodeons and Accordions for England and Scotland and have an extensive stock of new instruments on the shelf for prompt delivery in standard layouts however these can easily be changed to customers specia lrequirements
 We also have the largest stock in the UK of  pre loved melodons all fully serviced,and with 12 months warranty
UK and international customers catered for
www.acorninstruments.co.uk

robotmay

« Reply #56 on: October 19, 2015, 07:53:24 PM »

That'd be great, thanks Pete! We'll be there on Friday evening, see you then (:)

Bob Ellis

• Ain't I cute?
« Reply #57 on: October 19, 2015, 08:39:46 PM »

I usually have one or two spare boxes with me, if anyone else finds themselves short of an instrument.

Bob Ellis

• Ain't I cute?
« Reply #58 on: October 22, 2015, 08:19:47 PM »

The Hands On Music website states that the music for Melodeons at Witney is now available to download using the username and password supplied by Dave Townsend. Has anybody here received the aforementioned username and password yet? I certainly haven't!  :(

Helena Handcart

• Nine-box Nellie
« Reply #59 on: October 22, 2015, 08:33:22 PM »

Has anybody here received the aforementioned username and password yet? I certainly haven't!  :(

Me neither, but then I have friends who hadn't had their course units confirmed as of last weekend. At least I have that.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2015, 08:35:21 PM by Helena »
Sideways typing on the wooden handbag (now with added electric typewriter).

Green Man Sword | Helena Handcart on Soundcloud| Squeezebox from Scratch |
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal